Gray Ghost Headphones: mystery buttons?

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are two pushbuttons on the Ultimate Gray Ghost headphones. A black one and a white one.

What are the buttons for?

It would be nice if Gray Ghost would have labeled them on the headphones, and explained their usage on their web site.

Supposedly the headphones have a built in limiter in their circuitry, so why add these buttons?

OP
OP
chirper97

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've received no response from emailing the query to the vendor who sold these to me. :tongue3:

The model is "Ultimate Gray Ghost" headphones.

Help? :dontknow:

OP
OP
chirper97

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a pair of these. One button turns the headphone volume off. The other button on the other hand ...... I can't distinguish any difference at all when pushed. i never use it.

Brian

OP
OP
chirper97

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
baspinall said:
I have a pair of these. One button turns the headphone volume off. The other button on the other hand ...... I can't distinguish any difference at all when pushed. i never use it.

Brian

Isn't it strange that the buttons aren't labeled.

The other button is the volume limiter; I have no idea how you would know if it is engaged unless you blast your ear drums, and see if the limiter is engaged (or not).

My vendor is now emailing me, so I will post the results as soon as I get the answer.

The color of the buttons should be posted with each button's specific action, and how the user determines whether that circuit is activated or not.

Here is the email I received from the vendor. It was appreciated, but still leaves a question or 2:
"The black and white buttons are your limiter switch and your stereo/mono switch. If you change machines and it is not stereo you will need to switch to mono on your headphones. The limiter switch keeps your machine from blasting your ears if you swing over a large object close to the surface."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions