GREAT AFTERNOON... PISTOL, BOWIE KNIFE AND BULLETS. NEED HELP!!!

L

lovedigging

I left work this evening about 5:00 and started my hour drive home. Five minutes up the road I was passing a place I just got to relic hunt and when I was going by something told me to go back. I'm glad I did... My brother is in Florida right now trying out his new Excalibur II and had called me this morning letting me know he had posted a couple things he found on his first hunt with his new machine. All day I thought about this and wished I was there so I did the next best thing. The first thing I found was a bullet I haven't dug before, I beleave it's a 54 sharps Ringtail. If anyone can help me with this I'd appreciate it. ??? Next I dug two 69 bullets in the same hole and only a few yards away I dug the bowie knife. I could use some help on this also. It's 16" long and the blade is 11.5" On the way back to my truck I dug a couple more bullets and then I was almost to my truck when I found the pistol. I really need help with this, Is it Civil war or did someone shoot someone years ago and toss it out their window on their way down the road? I was pretty close to the highway when I found it :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: Anyway, Enjoy the pictures and I hope some of my TN buddies can help me out...

Attachments

• r1.JPG
    r1.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,315
  • r2.JPG
    r2.JPG
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,303
  • r3.JPG
    r3.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,324
  • r4.JPG
    r4.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,312
  • r5.JPG
    r5.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,307
Upvote 0

ZeroCool

May 26, 2008
Everything's Bigger in Texas!
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ringers, tell us a little more about the area you hunted not the location but in general what it is or was, farm fields, fair grounds battle site area, you seem to have a wide mixture of dates there from cw to modern so I am curious on how the land has changed over the years. You also gotta go back and hunt some more, smaller sections and slower and if you dig the faint signals you might find the coins.

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Tcooper, can you make out any markings at the base of the blade on your bayonet?

OP
OP
L

lovedigging

txkickergirl said:
Nice ringers, tell us a little more about the area you hunted not the location but in general what it is or was, farm fields, fair grounds battle site area, you seem to have a wide mixture of dates there from cw to modern so I am curious on how the land has changed over the years. You also gotta go back and hunt some more, smaller sections and slower and if you dig the faint signals you might find the coins.
Txkickergirl, Thanks for your email and WOW... What a cutie ;D Let me know if you want to come digging in Va :wink: All jokes aside, I was hunting a corn field that is next to a battlefield. Over the years they ran a four lane highway next to it. It was my first time at this spot and I dug lots of trash especially beer cans. I literally filled my pack with them. The pistol was right next to the road so I figured it was tossed at some point. I hope to get back there soon but the corn made for a tough hunt. Thanks again for your reply...

OP
OP
L

lovedigging

NHbenz said:
Tcooper, can you make out any markings at the base of the blade on your bayonet?
NHBENZ, Thanks for your reply and everyone elses. I'm glad to know I have a bayonet and not a bowie. I cleaned it a little this evening but still can't make out any writing on it at all, SORRY...

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds as if you will be busy for a while on that spot, and with it probably remaining fields you should turn up some great finds. Every time it rains or the farmer turns it would be great to detect.

You may want to check with the local police about the gun recovered. It might solve a case....although that gun looks old, who ever used it is probably dead themeselves now. My hubby watches lots of cop shows and unsolved murder shows...hum....maybe I should worry about that. Just kidding.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread