Shake-N-Bake
Hero Member
hey everyone,
I had a strange two days with some half dollars. Here is the short
version. I want to a bank in town that i never visit and asked if they have halfs the teller asked around and one of them said Yes... So i said i will take them all(because usually it is like $4) she came back and said they have a few hundred. First thought was that it was someones dumps. I grabbed $70 worth because that is all i had on me. So i go home and search no SILVER, figures. But the strange thing is was that there was a whole roll of MS 2002D's and it was written on the wrapper in pen. I also found a 2008P and 2008D. i didnt go back figuring it was a dump rolls.
So the next day(today) i got to thinking what collecter or coin roll hunter would dump a whole roll of MS 2002d and a MS 2008p+d. So i went back to see what they have left, $290 total, so i grab them.
I get home thinking i was waisting my time but i wouldnt be able to sleep knowing that they are sitting there in the bank. Besides it is almost impossible to get half's around here.
What i started seeing was the best i have ever done looking for silver. 18 40% and 11 90%!!!! WAHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
The strange thing was that all of the silver was mixed with bicentennials, that was the only rolls that hit. So I am figuring someone passed away and a relative cashed in there rolls or someone got desprite and cashed in the halfs they were saving. Either way, sorry for them but i got the best rolls ever, some having six keepers in one roll.
Well till next time,
HAPPY HUNTING
Jason
I had a strange two days with some half dollars. Here is the short
So the next day(today) i got to thinking what collecter or coin roll hunter would dump a whole roll of MS 2002d and a MS 2008p+d. So i went back to see what they have left, $290 total, so i grab them.
I get home thinking i was waisting my time but i wouldnt be able to sleep knowing that they are sitting there in the bank. Besides it is almost impossible to get half's around here.
What i started seeing was the best i have ever done looking for silver. 18 40% and 11 90%!!!! WAHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
The strange thing was that all of the silver was mixed with bicentennials, that was the only rolls that hit. So I am figuring someone passed away and a relative cashed in there rolls or someone got desprite and cashed in the halfs they were saving. Either way, sorry for them but i got the best rolls ever, some having six keepers in one roll.
Well till next time,
HAPPY HUNTING
Jason
Upvote
0







