What's new

Great dime box today! <with pics>

gtfan76

Full Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2010
Messages
143
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Today my mom was in a good mood so she took me out a little ways to bank of america. Where i got one full box of dimes. And that box delivered very well!
It had a total of 7 silver dimes which were a 1952-D 1957-P 1962-D 3 1964-D and a 1964-P
This years dime totals are.....
1x Barber
2x Mercuries
55x Roosevelts

It was a good day. Here are the pics...
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0460.webp
    IMG_0460.webp
    69.5 KB · Views: 653
  • IMG_0457.webp
    IMG_0457.webp
    84.5 KB · Views: 655
  • IMG_0459.webp
    IMG_0459.webp
    119.9 KB · Views: 673
Upvote 0
Not bad! Beats the one 40% i've gotten in a half box lately....

I'm considering switching back to dimes too, they are just so darn small and harder to see at my age :wink:

HH :icon_thumleft:
 
very nice, how many dime boxes you search this year? am going to try to start doing a box a week for the end of the year, then will have something to beat for next year :D
 
d2arcing said:
very nice, how many dime boxes you search this year? am going to try to start doing a box a week for the end of the year, then will have something to beat for next year :D

Unfortunately I haven't kept track at all. Next year I'm going to start recording everything. I would say at least 1 box a week, maybe a little more. Thanks for the comment. And good luck with your dime hunting! Make sure to post your finds.
 
Great box! Is that your best so far? Was that an N.F. String box?
:headbang:
 
MauserMan said:
Great box! Is that your best so far? Was that an N.F. String box?
:headbang:

Yes it is my best box. And it was a N.F. String box, those have produced the best for me. How about you? Which type of dime box do you find best?
 
gtfan76 said:
MauserMan said:
Great box! Is that your best so far? Was that an N.F. String box?
:headbang:

Yes it is my best box. And it was a N.F. String box, those have produced the best for me. How about you? Which type of dime box do you find best?
Of the banks I've tried, they've only ever had the NF String boxes. My best is 4 in a box, 3 rosies and a Canadian.
 
gtfan76 said:
d2arcing said:
very nice, how many dime boxes you search this year? am going to try to start doing a box a week for the end of the year, then will have something to beat for next year :D

Unfortunately I haven't kept track at all. Next year I'm going to start recording everything. I would say at least 1 box a week, maybe a little more. Thanks for the comment. And good luck with your dime hunting! Make sure to post your finds.

well must say then you show "normal" results making mercs look pretty rare... will get a box or few this week. mine for most part are clear wraps, which don't really produce, 1 at max per box. but then i take them to work and switch for the green and white you guys are talking about which they produce rather good, definitely get 1 off 250 worth.
 
Wow there Gtfan76, that is a nice box, all I ever see are the brinks boxes and they don't seem to do that well, I think I am at about one per box, nice work and HH!

Chuck.
 
Nice score on the dimes :thumbsup:
HH..Miner
 
That is a swee box of dimes. Usually 1 or 2 will be in a box. 7 is great!
 
Congrats on the dime box! So far I have only searched nickels and pennies. Its nice to know there is somebody my age in this hobby. (I am fifteen years old)
 
999digger said:
Congrats on the dime box! So far I have only searched nickels and pennies. Its nice to know there is somebody my age in this hobby. (I am fifteen years old)

Thanks digger! Have you found any war time nickels or buffalos yet? Also you should try and search some dimes. Once you find your first silver, you'll be hooked. Good luck! (Thats awesome glad to have some more younger people on this forum. I turn fifteen in less than a month).
 
gtfan76 said:
999digger said:
Congrats on the dime box! So far I have only searched nickels and pennies. Its nice to know there is somebody my age in this hobby. (I am fifteen years old)

Thanks digger! Have you found any war time nickels or buffalos yet? Also you should try and search some dimes. Once you find your first silver, you'll be hooked. Good luck! (Thats awesome glad to have some more younger people on this forum. I turn fifteen in less than a month).
Sory i did not answer this question. I kind of forgot to check it again. I have found two wartime nickels. No buffalo nickels though. Other than one time I found one in my dad's change. I also dug 3 of them. When I found my first wartime nickel I was hooked. I got up and started to yell and cheer. My parents don't really understand the obsession and the fun of it yet, but someday they will. I have dug 2 wartime nickels too. I almost have enough money saved up for a box of dimes!! Where are you from? Happy Hunting :wink:
 
Good going young man! Hope you keep at this hobby for many, many years!

apush :read2:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom