Great Find?

jbeekley

Tenderfoot
Nov 21, 2006
Hello all, I found a great find today which was a 1932 (D) Washington quarter!! Only bad thing is that the condition is not the best, maybe a "Good" rating, but it was a great find after only finding pennies as well as a ring that my Father in law had lost many years ago. Had to stop as we got hit with SNOW!! Snow in Seattle is very rare and we now have about five inches in the front yard. Anyhow I did not know until my wife just told me that this quarter was listed at $175 in "good", so this is even better news!!

As you must see I am very new at this and did not even know how much this was worth. I had an idea that it was high, but not that much. Hope in the near future that I will be able to share my finds with some photo's as I do not have anything to upload such things. I will also be going to my first "club meeting" this Sunday. Any idea's on what I should bring if anything? I do have an idea that I emailed to them that I read about where a guy took a photo of all their club members and made a card that showed all of the "do's & dont's" of metal detecting. Such as filling all holes and so on. Anyway, they have this as well as other things along with their photo on a laminated card that they wear on their jacket when asking a private owner if they could check their area. He claims that when they read this card this really helps to show that they are all "professionals" at what they do.

If we make such a card, I will try my best to show a pitcure of this on this site so you could see what I am trying to describe.

Best Hunting to all, John Beekley

Upvote 0

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Congratulations on a great find! I was lamenting in this space last week that I had found a 32 Quarter but it didn't have a mintmark. Either a D or S is worth good money! That's wild to hear about your snow; my brother lives in Puyallup, so I'll have to ask him about it. Best wishes, now go find the 32S!

Fatboy

Dec 28, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Nice Digs and welcome ! Some pics would be great. How long ago was the ring lost ? how deep was it ?

HH

FB

T

TreasureTales

John, welcome to TreasureNet. This is a great website and a fantastic hobby! What should you take to the club meeting? Your silver quarter would be a good thing to start with. LOL Silver is always worth some bragging rights.

The photo ID card is a good one, but I'm sure it would be expensive to make. Our club made up a rubber stamp that we use on the backs of our membership cards. The stamp is good because we can easily change it when/if some of the information (like the phone number for the City's Recreation Director) changes, then we don't have to have a new batch of membership cards printed up. On the stamp we have a short statement about abiding by the Treasure Hunter's/Metal Detectorists Code of Ethics and it also states that our club members are covered by liability insurance through the City's Parks & Recreation Department. Then we list the phone numbers to the Parks & Rec department in case some property owner wants to verify our insurance coverage. It was worked well for us. We actually got permission from a city in another county to metal detect on their property, and that particular piece of property had been off limits to detectorists in the past. A newspaper even came out to photograph the activities since it was such an unusual sight to see in that town.

silvergirl

Jul 12, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
prizm IV and MXT
:) YOUR DOING GREAT. LIKE THE IDEA OF CARDS. SURE WOULD LIKE TO See some pictures. At our meeting we bring our finds.We have several catagories. We also bring door prizes.It is usually something pertaining to detecting.Some of the things they bring are magazines,flashlights,maps etc... H.H.

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet, you got yourself a year of battery money ;)

HH
-GC

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Congrats on your great finds!! I bet your Pa in Law was thrilled too!
Are you sure about the $175.00 on the 32-D? I looked in my Red Book and I'm not seeing that price. Just curious.

HH,
Moon

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter lives in Lynnwood and was telling us about the snow yesterday. I was up there last summer and saw some beautiful weather, only had rain one day and got to hunt one of the beaches with a Tnet member. I found some junk and clad, he found a couple of silver quarters where an old dance hall use to be on a pier out over the water. The tide was out and the old pilings were visible. We are having snow here this weekend so the weather man says. I was amazed to find out we usually have more snow than the Seattle area, it being so much further north and all. Good Hunting! Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread