Dovregubben

Greenie
Nov 2, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Garret "Carrot"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi! :hello:
After lurking around this forum for some time, I finally decided to get registered to this wonderful community. I'm a 21 yo norwegian student living approximately a 1 hour drive from the main capital Oslo. My username "Dovregubben", or "The mountain King" refers to a poem called "Peer Gynt" written by the legendary norwegian writer Henrik Ibsen, all though it's probably internationally most associated with the musical pieces "The hall of the mountain king" and "Morning mood" by composer Edvard Grieg.

I bought my first detector 14yo, but didn't get hooked before I found my first silvercoin, a 1686 norwegian "2 skilling" this summer. This wonderful find led me to further investment in a Fisher F75 and a Garret "carrot" pin-pointer which have yielded further great results through many hours of swinging in the fields. I'm mainly detecting for coins, but love discovering other historical objects as well. People have lived in scandinavia since the stone age, making this small country the perfect place for discovering lost history through beeps and TIDs.

I'm looking forward to be a part of this awesome fellowship of treasure seekers to exchange knowledge and make new acquaintances.
Much love,
Dovregubben.

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Dovregubben. Welcome from Connecticut. My son in law did archeological work up north of you in Spitsbergen. I would like to detect the old coal mine areas there although would have to watch out for the Polar bears!!! <grin>

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Dovregubben!

OP
OP
Dovregubben

Dovregubben

Greenie
Nov 2, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Mudflap, that's awesome! Never been to Svalbard (Spitsbergen) myself, but definitely wouldn't mind going! A gun in polar bear-land is mandatory haha

OP
OP
Dovregubben

Dovregubben

Greenie
Nov 2, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O'hoy, thank you sir!

Nashvegas

Aug 9, 2017
Nashville TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705
Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from Tennessee. I was in Oslo earlier this year. Loved it.

OP
OP
Dovregubben

Dovregubben

Greenie
Nov 2, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Nashvegas! I'm glad you enjoyed it, what were you doing over here? I've only been to New York, but I'm the proud owner of two Gibson guitars made in Nashville. Quality instruments, for sure!:headbang:

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many welcomes! And what a great introduction! I speak for MANY when I say we're insanely jealous of the opportunities you have to detect in that beautiful, highly historical land. Can't wait to see some of your finds posted soon. How about a picture of that 2 Skilling!? We eat that stuff up! Thx, Ddf.

OP
OP
Dovregubben

Dovregubben

Greenie
Nov 2, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your welcome, dirtdigginfool! It's indeed a highly historical land, and after reading some of the posts on this forum, I'm appreciating it more and more. Me and my friend are averaging at least one 1700's cobber coin per 6 hour searching fields, and sometimes even more. Last weekend we found 5 coins pre-1900s (one silver) searching for just about 5 hours at a field the swedish troops used as camp during the war fought between Norway and Sweden in 1814. We also found over 20 musket bullets. Had a laugh thinking these bullets were designated to kill Norwegian soldiers, only to end up in our MD-collection 203 years later. Feel free to send me a PM if you're ever visiting Norway, and I'll hook you up with a MD and a field :occasion14:
I'll make sure to post some pictures of the 1686 2 skilling, along with some of my other finds.

OP
OP
Dovregubben

Dovregubben

Greenie
Nov 2, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_4647.JPG IMG_4648.JPG IMG_4652.PNG IMG_4654.PNG IMG_4656.JPG
- 1686 2 skilling silver (first year of coin production in Kongsberg, Norway)
- 1853 1/32 Swedish riksdaler silver
- 1809 Norwegian copper skilling courant
- 1802 Swedish copper skilling
- unknown date on the coin in the middle, but probably 1/2 skilling late 1700s or early 1800s (would love some info if someone knows)
Sorry for bad quality, pictures taken with my iPhone.

OP
OP
Dovregubben

Dovregubben

Greenie
Nov 2, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings, Mackaydon!
I'll try to get some better photos when my camera is available

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Dovregubben

Dovregubben

Greenie
Nov 2, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome Dovregubben from SoCal. You are in the perfect place with incredible history. Good luck!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread