Greetings from Pultaborclad!

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs
So today I had time to hunt for several hours and start learning my machine. So far, I've learned what signals mean trash and clad. :)
Went to this park. Has alot of trees like this that scream "Hang upside down on me!" I'm saving them for later. Thought I'd go to the oldest part of the park (1903) so I could really learn how to find old coins. There's gotta be tons there. Not. My oldest coin found was a 1968 dime.
Besides tabs and clad, I did find this snappy cowboy hat. Looks like it was once a tie clasp or something. And this heavy a&& thing that I was sure was jewelry. It looks like a very nice Victorian.....bolt.
Any suggestions to point me in the right way are appreciated. I may visit a tot lot or two to see how my MD reads an actual quarter!

Park001.jpg
Park002.jpg

Upvote 0

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Tot lots are great..

for learning the signals. Lots of finds in many and nothing wrong with picking up some easy money. Not a bad place to start and spend some of each hunt digging for older coins too! Good luck!!

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Sounds like you need a small test area. Try one like this. It takes up little space and you can substitute the types of coins real easy and get a good feel for the sound and the depth at which you can sense it.

Daryl

Attachments

• hole.jpg
    hole.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 254

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Looks more like an old rib-it/rivet, must have been some frogs in the area at one time. ;D

Only suggestion I could give ya on the signals is not to always trust the ID readings. I have dug many deep silvers that ID'ed more like iron, than they did actual silver. Usually if it will pinpoint on a specific spot without a double beep, or breaking up, I will dig it anyway. You just never know until you dig...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
Lafitte

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs
Thanks for the tips!
BioProfessor, I'll definitely try your method. I did get to 2 tot-lots today. One had some quarters, just like the ACE read, so I'm kinda starting to understand the signals.
What's funny is, I found a few trinkets as well, showed up as tabs. I feel bad for the little ladies who lost them. I'll post a pic. They're too cute.

Slabman

Jan 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
XLT, Quattro, X-Terra, Sovreign, Whites Goldmaster
Looks like Pultaborclad and Tonsarustycrap are good places to find leaverites. Leaverite where you found it! :D
HH Slabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread