Grinding Stone

DaveSmith

May 26, 2020
western nc.....foothills
Detector(s) used
none
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here is probably my best find in my opinion. Haven't shown it here and only a few people have seen it. I found it upside down in a creek that is like a small river that I have found 99 percent of my stuff in and around. Found it about 20 years ago. I have a dry picture of it and some with water standing in it. It will hold 16 ounces of water, I'm not saying they made it for that measured amount, just giving an idea of the depth of it. The side view is 3 inches thick and varies in thickness as it goes around. I wet the "front"? area of it to show the worked out area. 1IMG_5119.JPG IMG_5124.jpg IMG_5127.jpg IMG_5118.JPG

Upvote 2

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Dave, a lot of ppl on this form are very knowledgeable when it comes to artifacts and if you post a pic of a authentic artifact you will get positive feedback and sometimes members will question your find. I have posted several artifacts that "I" thought were authentic but when members questioned my artifacts i welcomed there knowledge and insight into what i had. I sent my artifacts to be authenticated and they came back reproduction's God i wish i had joined this form when i was buying artifacts would of saved me a lot of money and disappointment. Good luck.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Daveasmith, what features on the rock makes you think it is a grinding stone?

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it is probably a grinding stone. Note I know nothing of said subject and only have seen a few areas here in California with the deeper grinding stones. This one just looks like it wasn't used as frequently then abandoned there. The second picture I see signs of it being worked the one with water throws me off because the reflecting water makes it hard to see where it is worked.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread