Ground digging technics... any advice?

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not A tough crowd!!!! Just depends On when you post!!!! First welcome to treasure net!!

;D

It really depends On where you are Digging!!!! In a Field I say go for the Circle!!! But If you are digging In a Yard with Grass or a park I suggest a u shape or similar Leave part of the circle connected to allow the root system to stay attached !!! It allow the grass to stay Healthy and Alive always try to make the are look the same as it did before you started digging!!! Practice In your own Yard!! Its amazing what different types of cuts do !!! HH Chug

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What Red said, also have a cloth handy to dump excess dirt on. (Remember U shaped plug) a normal round hole with leave a yellow spot.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Plenty of vid's on youtube to peruse. :wink:

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
HoosierPirates said:
Wanna hear how the pros do it. Please show me your tools of the trade, tips and technic... even a video might be nice.

I've just been cutting a circle and pulling it out but haven't been quite sure if theres a easier - better way

Thanks

You are talking about metal detecting, right? :whip2:

OP
OP
H

HoosierPirates

Mar 22, 2011
Central Indiana
savant365 said:
HoosierPirates said:
Wanna hear how the pros do it. Please show me your tools of the trade, tips and technic... even a video might be nice.

I've just been cutting a circle and pulling it out but haven't been quite sure if theres a easier - better way

Thanks

You are talking about metal detecting, right? :whip2:
Yes sir

TractorNut57

Feb 11, 2011
HoosierPirates said:
you must have one helluva pinpointer with a digger like that ;D

Ya we are just havin fun.... heck I am as new as they come to this hobby, I just have some .59 cent detector and trying to get scratch together for a Garrett AT Pro so I can get a little more serious about it. After 30 years of scratching around with that big digger, I look forward to things being a little slower pace and having time to dig were I what to. You all are a great bunch, I look forward to a long relationship in this hobby and on this forum.

TractorNut57

Feb 11, 2011
For some reason when I read, "you nust have one helluva pin pointer" I think of that cell phone commercial were the guy is hooking all the towers and lighting rods up to his phone with cables and the lighting hits them and sends a bolt thru the phone. That would be your power for you pinpointer in that case, takes me back to chiller theater on Friday nights and Frankenstien ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions