Ground is Still Unfrozen!!!

schwabie16

Dec 11, 2013
Reynoldsville, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dec. 26 and it's 45 degrees and sunny with no snow on the ground in Pennsylvania? That surely doesn't happen often! I hit a spot today that I've hit several times before. I didn't find much, but it was just nice to get out.

'41 and '45 wheats ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419633394.722366.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419633438.794603.jpg

Some kind of military button
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419633482.884064.jpg

Huge ball of lead
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419633527.373461.jpg

Cuff links
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419633606.984048.jpg

And this decorative piece. Maybe a fancy part of a horse bridle? And other ideas?ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1419633685.395151.jpg

Upvote 5
Nice assortment of finds. I would love to get out in this warm Pa weather but i have to work the next 6 days. Hopefully it will last another week or two so i can get out.

Nice assortment of finds. I would love to get out in this warm Pa weather but i have to work the next 6 days. Hopefully it will last another week or two so i can get out.

Thanks. Weather looks okay for a while here. GL and HH!

nice finds. your military button appears to be a Civil War staff officer's button. But would have to see the backmark to know for sure. but it for sure dates to around that era. the cufflinks are rivets for leather. could have been on anything from horse leather to cartridge box rivets. Not sure what the last item is but that is a good guess though I think it may have gone to something else because of the missing item in the center. May be box or furniture related. but neat stuff. if you post a pic of the back of the button I; or another T-Net'er may be able to give you a better date.

nice finds. your military button appears to be a Civil War staff officer's button. But would have to see the backmark to know for sure. but it for sure dates to around that era. the cufflinks are rivets for leather. could have been on anything from horse leather to cartridge box rivets. Not sure what the last item is but that is a good guess though I think it may have gone to something else because of the missing item in the center. May be box or furniture related. but neat stuff. if you post a pic of the back of the button I; or another T-Net'er may be able to give you a better date.

Thanks for the help! I didn't realize the button was that old!

nice finds, it is very wet and cool down here in Ark. so just being able to get out would be nice. like the button

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back