Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
I've probably finished digging at my new, productive site for the season due to tall weeds and clover that have taken over the fields here. Unfortunately, this property will soon be sold so my prospects for returning are unknown. But it was fun while it lasted for me and my 5 digging buddies who I brought with me individually to the site, and all made some nice finds. As a summation, here are a couple of photos showing my collective recoveries. The first is a shot of all the keepers, and the second is a close-up of some of my favorites (click to enlarge for better detail). If not for utilizing my plywood technique, some of the better items would still be in the ground. Anyway, it was a blast to search this historic site and be able to share it with many of my long-time friends and hunting partners.

Attachments

• 032717b.jpg
    032717b.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 300
  • 032717a.jpg
    032717a.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 291
Upvote 38
WOW that is a pile of relics!

Unfortunately, all good things come to an end! But you all really brought home the bacon, very fine digs, congratulations!

WOW!
What a pile of interesting old relics.
WTG!

Looks like you had a blast digging all those goodies.

Stunning to see the quantity of very nice items your present MDing site yields!

Yikes! That's a whole lot of hard digging! Awesome job and artifacts. Thank you for the pics.

That is a very impressive collection of finds from one site. What do you think the range of occupancy was for this site? Looks like it was a pretty long time based on the variety of finds.

GW button, 1650s Bristol token, monogrammed silver dog nosed spoon handle, colonial rowel, colonial silver coins, Hillsborough Academy button, early artillery button.....not that I'm looking very hard, lol. Thanks for taking me there Bill. Hopefully I'll find a special site to return the favor.

GW button, 1650s Bristol token, monogrammed silver dog nosed spoon handle, colonial rowel, colonial silver coins, Hillsborough Academy button, early artillery button.....not that I'm looking very hard, lol. Thanks for taking me there Bill. Hopefully I'll find a special site to return the favor.

Anytime buddy. But please give me the proper credit man - that silver handle came from a late 17th century trifid spoon, not one of those newer dog-nosed things .... ha!

That is a very impressive collection of finds from one site. What do you think the range of occupancy was for this site? Looks like it was a pretty long time based on the variety of finds.

Thanks Ken. The earliest finds came from a small spot that appeared to date from the late 1600s to mid-1700s. Most of the other finds were found scattered throughout several other "not-so-old" hotspots on the property.

WOW, thats a lot of goodies!
Congrats for the finds and my condolences for loosing access to the lot. Hope you find another sweet spot.

Excellent finds Bill.

Such variety and age.

Congratulations sir.

WOW, thats a lot of goodies!
Congrats for the finds and my condolences for loosing access to the lot. Hope you find another sweet spot.

Ha - it's not really a "lot", but a 525 acre parcel of cultivated land plus some woods.

Relic heaven is what I say.
Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back