Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I would get the Garrett GTI it is a good detector I run a Garrett GTI for years . When the Garrett AT Pro came out i sold my Gti and got the AT Pro … And that was a mistake the GTI is a lot better detector than the AT PRO…..But that is how i see it…... On the Cobra i never used one but i never heard much good about them..Buy them both then if you do not like the Cobra sell it … Or just buy the GTI….For the GTI is a very good detector...

taz42o

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2008
Ohio
Im not that impressed with my 2500 , but that is with a new price of 900$
At a few hundred I would have been happier though.
The 2500 is heavy and over complicated.
My next detector will be simple and lighter.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I would talk him down somewhat. The Cobra is a basic water entry detector. There are plenty of reviews about it on the internet. The GTI 2500 is a fun detector to use. Ground balanced, it gives plenty of depth, and the imaging can be quite helpful when using it to size coin sized objects in the ground. Being that it is used, and has been around for a very long time, I think that $550 would be tops in my book. You could get a new Garrett AT Pro with warranty for that price.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions