GTP1350

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up a friend's GTP1350. Nice machine, I like the profiling.

Using coins, depth wasn't bleeding edge as my GoldbugPro and F70, but similar to my F5, both using their factory 10 elliptical coils. I know with the Fishers I have, replacing the 10" elliptical with a 11DD coil, made a huge difference.

I came across a Garrett dealer who had a new GTP1350 8.5x11DD coil for $100. Huge difference with the 11DD coil!

With the GTP1350 using the DD coil, it's up there with the GoldbugPro and F70 with all running discrimination.

Awesome machine for the price; I'm impressed.

Wished it had a no discriminate mode, if you swing it using the pinpoint feature, it's several more inches deeper.

Last edited:

mudfoot

May 8, 2010
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350, Tesoro Vaquero, Silver uMax, Compadre
Interesting to know. Don't use my 1350 much but I've always been curious about the DD coil. I always felt that the machine was capable of better performance.

When I was using it I picked up a little super sniper coil (black hockey puck!) but wasn't much impressed.

Wish I had tried the DD.

OP
OP
S

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friend gave me that smaller coil with it, definitely not a DD coil like other manufacturer 5" DD coils.

Later today I'll get you a measurement on the 11DD 1350 coil, big difference.

And it likes to be swung slower unlike other detectors I have that are a little deeper swinging fast. And that's a good thing I like about the 1350.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On 1350 air test
Using stock 7x10 coil, sens 9
Silver dime 6" repetitive
Clad quarter 7" repetitive

Using 8.5x11DD coil, sens 9
Silver dime 8" repetitive
Clad quarter 9" repetitive

I got a quarter buried in the garden the stock coil wont see unless you use the pinpoint function. With the DD coil, it's banging away showing 25c. I think it's another inch or two deeper in real use.

With a dealer selling the DD at $99, you might as well grab one. They had the 10x14 also but I wasted my money on it imho.

Now if only it didnt weigh eleventeen pounds, I'd be very happy.

mudfoot

May 8, 2010
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350, Tesoro Vaquero, Silver uMax, Compadre
Well I couldn't resist any longer and ordered the DD for $99. The free shipping appears to be gone now but I'm still emailing them to try to get it.

Now I've got to wait patiently for it to arrive and then squeeze in some swinging time!

Thanks for the encouragement and info Steve1357.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread