Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As the various finds begin to pile up in numerous containers, I sometimes have a hard time finding something. People come by the house to visit and many ask what I have found so far. Of course most of the finds are not worth keeping for showing but then you have the coins as well as the just plain ole cool finds. My wife keeps telling me that we need a display case or cases so that people can see what we have found. After dealing with a couple of sticky fingered individuals (both small and large), I do want to keep some of it under glass in able to keep it. Tokens, coins, jewelry, my one and only cool button, and other smaller items would go into these. We have other larger items like axe heads, hoes and other things that she wants to display on an outside wall of Log cabin when we move into it. The numerous modern toy cars etc go into a box for the little ones to play with and they do. As the pile of good and great finds grows, the need to separate them into similar containers or cases increases. It just amazes us as to what my wife and I have found. She was originally a reluctant detector and only did so to make me happy but one 18" gold chain changed all of that. Now she is the one wants to show off what we have found and I guess that is a good thing. I never dreamed of actually finding so much good stuff, other people did that but it has happened. I plan to have the less valuable things displayed out in the open but the best stuff in cases to be put up in a safe place. I hope to be smart about it to some degree. any ideas on cases or designs?

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
actually been doing the same project today , mine is just the typical box with plexy glass lid with wood frame. using red ceder and some reclaimed wild chestnut from old church benches. thought that might be fitting antiques in antique wood.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
that sounds very nice and very cool. good luck on it. DL

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
i'm going to try to do a shadow box type deal with the each finds from a site say like i found a axe head,horse shoe,and a gun they would go in the same box

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would look for curio cabinets on Craigslist, garage or estate sales...perfect cabinets for displaying, many have lights built in...you can reprint them as well... good luck!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check out this video I pasted below, You might want to fast forward to about half way, no sense in watching her shop, but the 2nd half is pretty interesting. The wife and I are going to a fabric store tomorrow so I can buy some velvet like cloth and some batting. I already found a few nice deep frames at Goodwill and the Salvation Army in the past. I plan on posting them in the General Forum in a week or 2. I need to do my best of 2017 post first before I frame some of the finds.

OP
OP
dirtlooter

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Check out this video I pasted below, You might want to fast forward to about half way, no sense in watching her shop, but the 2nd half is pretty interesting. The wife and I are going to a fabric store tomorrow so I can buy some velvet like cloth and some batting. I already found a few nice deep frames at Goodwill and the Salvation Army in the past. I plan on posting them in the General Forum in a week or 2. I need to do my best of 2017 post first before I frame some of the finds.

that is really awesome, I hadn't even thought of that for the smaller items. thanks for the suggestion! DL

sawmill man

Jun 12, 2016
KENTUCKY
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found a guy on Youtube gos by ( treasurefacts ) his a detectorist and has a video of making a display case ,not got to watch all his videos but his one heck of a case builder.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread