✅ SOLVED Guess what this encrusted item is before crust is removed... see who comes close...

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this today at water line...
Guesses are welcomed by everyone to try and guess what it is before I break it out.
I will wait for some really good responses before I remove crust...

Here are the same hints that I know...
tis strong magnetic pull...
a small metallic circular lip is barely visible on raised side... about size of dime...
and weighs 38.8 grams.
was in an area that has swim area close to shore and boats do come in very close there.

DSC00719.JPG DSC00722.JPG DSC00723.JPG DSC00725.JPG DSC00731.JPG

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember monkeys for sale at the Kresge stores. My friend stuck his face up to the cage and that monkey grabbed a hold of his glasses and tried to yank then back through the cage. That monkey didn't want to let go of those glasses and it was screaming like a child as my friend pulled his glasses out of the grip that monkey had on them.

Upvote 0

kenstein

Sep 28, 2012
N.E. Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 , Pro pointer, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I remember monkeys for sale at the Kresge stores. My friend stuck his face up to the cage and that monkey grabbed a hold of his glasses and tried to yank then back through the cage. That monkey didn't want to let go of those glasses and it was screaming like a child as my friend pulled his glasses out of the grip that monkey had on them.

Kresge. Haven't even thought of that name in many years. Later to become KMART if I'm not mistaken.

Upvote 0

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh, I know it! I have dove under marina docks for "underwater cleanup days" with my dive club. Most people would never believe how much crap is under the water. If we had a scale we could measure it in the tons, every single year. Tires, batteries, dock chairs, corrugated metal panels, and sooooo many bear bottles and pop cans! A detector is almost useless under a dock!

Heck yea man,

And if there was a "fish cleaning station" watch out!
Used to pull fillet knives out of the water by the 5 gallon bucket.

~Tejaas~

Upvote 0

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
You can't swim?

I can swim on top but not really underwater as I was almost drowned in a Public Pool when I was about 6 years old! I swallowed so much of the heavily Chlorine treated water in the pool that I was sick for three days with nausea and headaches from Chlorine poisoning. Never got over it but actually did a little snorkeling when I worked in Key West. Just did not go deep.

Frank

Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
baby gators ? ---they have a sign for them " baby gators" at the orange fruit stand along I 95 at Yulee , Fla

Upvote 0

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
did they feed the monkeys that didn't sell to the baby gators?

No, they started a breeding program.

We now have the Endangered South Florida Cypress Tree Gator.They are rapidly loosing habitat to the encroaching developments into the Everglades from Miami and Ft. Lauderdale.

Please feel free to lend some support to the cause with your kind contributions for the preservation of these amazing creatures.

Screen Shot 2015-02-27 at 10.02.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-02-27 at 10.02.22 AM.png

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tomorrow I will remove the rest...
SO... guess away folks.

Upvote 0

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
What a neat little oil lamp.

(what did I win?)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread