What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Gun Part Identification needed.

oldbattleaxe

Sr. Member
Joined
May 26, 2010
Messages
449
Reaction score
340
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Technetics
What did this part come off of? Thanks for the expertise here.
 

Attachments

  • DSC00287.webp
    DSC00287.webp
    236.2 KB · Views: 201
  • DSC00289.webp
    DSC00289.webp
    167.8 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC00289.webp
    DSC00289.webp
    167.8 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC00290.webp
    DSC00290.webp
    176 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC00291.webp
    DSC00291.webp
    158.5 KB · Views: 109
What did this part come off of? Thanks for the expertise here.
its a barrel lug....the muzzleloading barrel locked into this piece which was located on the for-stock..looks modern..
 
Upvote 6
OK, I have been racking my brain on this one. I knew I had worked on a gun with this part but was having trouble placing it. Finally came to me. it is the upper tang for a Japanese type 38 Arisaka rifle.
Typ38tang-1.JPG
 
Upvote 8
Agree it could not be a hooked breech for a muzzleloader. Good ID.

Arisaka_Type3899_schem.jpg
 
Upvote 2
OK, I have been racking my brain on this one. I knew I had worked on a gun with this part but was having trouble placing it. Finally came to me. it is the upper tang for a Japanese type 38 Arisaka rifle.

Wow good eye! Those are truly cursed guns
 
Upvote 0
Actually, the Type 38 was a pretty good service rifle until about 1942 when the Nagoya Arsenal stopped producing them.
 
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom