What's new

Gun part?

Moe (fl)

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
731
Reaction score
98
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any idea of what this is?
 

Attachments

  • f1.webp
    f1.webp
    11 KB · Views: 647
  • f2.webp
    f2.webp
    13.7 KB · Views: 630
  • f3.webp
    f3.webp
    15.7 KB · Views: 620
  • f4.webp
    f4.webp
    10 KB · Views: 637
  • f5.webp
    f5.webp
    10.3 KB · Views: 628
  • f7.webp
    f7.webp
    13.2 KB · Views: 634
Looks like the lever to open the vent window on a older car.
 
Upvote 0
Could it be a safety lever nut?
 
Upvote 0
I've had alot of guns in my hands over the years and recall none of them ever having a safety switch or fire selector switch that had a threaded screw or otherwise through it.But I know what your thinking and not made that way that I know of.
So I'm guessing this is another beach find for you and I'd say fishing reel part if so.If not maybe spliter valve piece or simular. :thumbsup:
Take Care,
Pete :hello:
 

Attachments

  • Pflueger510nMy1stRodDetail[1].webp
    Pflueger510nMy1stRodDetail[1].webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 535
  • draft_lens1902255module10640926photo_1217046263old-fishing-reels-1[1].webp
    draft_lens1902255module10640926photo_1217046263old-fishing-reels-1[1].webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 562
  • f8ad9519-dd0c-45d6-8d67-8a421afb0244[1].webp
    f8ad9519-dd0c-45d6-8d67-8a421afb0244[1].webp
    4.5 KB · Views: 532
Upvote 0
I think its a lever for a vent or a window also. Monty
 
Upvote 0
looks to me like a old fishing reel drag / free wheel type reel "flip type" knob commonly on the back end of saltwater reels-- click it one way to free wheel the spool the other way to lock it up make the "drag" setting on the spool work --it allowed fish to take the bait without feeling the drag when set to "open" spooling -- then you engaged it , set the hook and let the fish start fighting the "drag"
 
Upvote 0
ivan salis said:
looks to me like a old fishing reel drag / free wheel type reel "flip type" knob commonly on the back end of ols saltwater reels-- click it one way to free wheel the spool the other way to lock it up make the "drag" setting on the spool work --it allowed fish to take the bait without feeling the drag when set to "open" spooling -- then you engaged it , set the hook and let the fish start fighting the "drag"
Exactly what I think as well for a best guess! :thumbsup: Cause I think he hunts beaches if I remember correctly. :icon_scratch:
I don't see it being for a window vent being as small as a dime.Only window piece even close would be for a storm window.(clip) Like these pics. below. But don't think so on them either.I'm staying with fishing reel first. :thumbsup: :wink:
 

Attachments

  • imagerequest[1].webp
    imagerequest[1].webp
    9.6 KB · Views: 509
  • imagerequest[2].webp
    imagerequest[2].webp
    3.3 KB · Views: 493
Upvote 0
I found one of those too, once... its in my dunno pile also.
 
Upvote 0
Does look like the switch lever off a spin casting surf rod for sure . You know where you lock in or free spool.
 
Upvote 0
Moe (fl) said:
Any idea of what this is?
It appears NOT to be a reel switch of sorts because of the Patina that appears in few spots. Most if not all old reels are brass and built to resist pitting. I, would go with the guy that said the side-by-side shotgun toggle. IMHO
 
Upvote 0
Can't be a lever to open a shotgun, not being threaded inside. Shotgun levers would be shaped inside , probably square, to fit on the shaft of the opening mechanism and held in place with a screw. It being threaded I would say it is just some sort of "wingnut".
 
Upvote 0
oldsledz said:
Looks like the lever to open the vent window on a older car.

This is a very good guess. Once I read this I could picture my parent's old vehicles and this kind of fly window lever.

OT
 
Upvote 0
Looks like the nut on a T-bevel.

382px-T_bevel.JPG
 
Upvote 0
Charlie P. (NY) said:
Looks like the nut on a T-bevel.
and they are threaded.

but Im going with fishing reel lever found on the beach.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom