H S B & Co brass shield souvenir

O

oxfordbrent

H S B & Co brass shield souvenir

I found an H S B & Co souvenir while out metal detecting. It is a brass shield and has the "our very best" logo on it. There is a picture of what I found at the following link:

http://exonumia.homestead.com/files/WESTS/257.jpg

The link I found showing this item only has a picture of the shield and has no info on it. I haven't been able to find out anything about this item, only about the company, Hibbard Spencer Bartlett & Co. Can anyone tell me how old this is or if it is of any value?

Any info will be appreciated. Thanks!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Re: H S B & Co brass shield souvenir

It appears to be and advertising watch fob for a hand crank meat grinder. go to E-bay type in watch fobs-another area is type in Hibbert Spencer and search all catigories. Most of the fobs were listing for $10-$100, would guess lower end but is definitely a neat find. My grandmother used that type of grinder for making ground beef. Congrats. and HH

Upvote 0
OP
OP
O

oxfordbrent

Thanks stoney!! I did see the word, "fob," in researching this, but I'm in my job I purchase material all the time that is "fee on board," which is shortened "fob," and I couldn't get in my mind that this was anything else. I had never heard of a watch fob, but now I've learned something new. Thanks ;D

Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Not a problem. Wouldn't sell it though- fobs in general are pretty coollectible and sometimes collectors go crazy over an item for some strange reason. I'm sure you've seen those grinders at some point-they're about 10-12 in. tall , clamp on a counter, and use a hand crank. Anyway congrats. and HH

Upvote 0

nitro

Dec 30, 2004
Round Rock, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It is a watch FOB. Check out this web site on the company.
http://www.thckk.org/ovb-hist.html

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread