Had a day that will compare to any on treasure net!! Yes you too LJ!! HA.HA

engine 823

Dec 27, 2007
Waynesburg, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, ACE 150
;D
Well today being payday I decided that I would hit every bank in the town I work in. Cashed my check and started from there. I probably hit around 10 banks and picked up around 700-800 dollars in halves!
Took me most of the day to go through them and this is what I found!!!

Kennedy 40% - 89
Kennedy 90% - 1 :(
Kennedy Proof - 2 (1994 , 2000 )
Kennedy Stamped Coin ( 1984 ) Stamped with 1960 and 1980. Seen a few of these on other posts but can't remember what or where they came from??

Thought this was awsome but the wife was a little >:( with me for not coming home sooner after work and bringing the money home so she could go to the grocery. I said okay I'll go and help you at the grocery to make it easier for you. Wouldn't you know it I found a Gold Wedding Band or Thumb Ring on the floor at the grocery ;D ;D ;D
Silver and Gold for me today!!!!!!!!

About time My roller Coaster went back up!!! Been slow lately!!!!

Good Hunting!!!!!!!

pics012.jpg

pics013.jpg

Upvote 0
Now there's a day to remember! Congratulations on both the silver & gold!

WTG E!!! Indeed a great day for you too. I hope there are many more like that in your near future.

Even though you were on the down side of the rollercoaster....you didn't give up.....persistence & perseverance baby...ha! That is what it takes in this hobby. The stash grows...........

Oh, congrats on the gold wedding band too. Anyway you could find out who it belongs too? If it is truly a wedding band.....that would be a very honorable thing in my opinion.

Anyway, keep plugging E and good luck.......

Now that makes it a very good day :D. When you said your wife wanted to get groceries I was thinking "ohh ohh he's going to give her a pile of halves to pay for them" heh heh.

Happy Hunting,

Scott (Mich)

I agree LJ. I found it at a super walmart. There are no identifing maks or any thing on it. I first thought about turnng it over to a manager or something at walmart but figured it would just get taken home by one of them. I am not a big fan of walmart!!! I thought about also stating in the local paper about the fact I had found a lost item at walmart and see if anyone called and described the item I found?? I would like to get it back to the owner just hate to turn it over to someone else who wil take it home for their self. I may call my local paper and try to post some type of lost and found ad. If someone is looking for it they will probably call. What ya think?????
Also just kidding on out doing your finds! I know you are still way out ahead of me. Your finds are awesome.
Your friend engine

No scott I didn't give her halves to pay for the groceries but I did have to go back to the bank with over $600 dollars in clad to cash in before we could go!!! ;D

engine 823 said:
I agree LJ. I found it at a super walmart. There are no identifing maks or any thing on it. I first thought about turnng it over to a manager or something at walmart but figured it would just get taken home by one of them. I am not a big fan of walmart!!! I thought about also stating in the local paper about the fact I had found a lost item at walmart and see if anyone called and described the item I found?? I would like to get it back to the owner just hate to turn it over to someone else who wil take it home for their self. I may call my local paper and try to post some type of lost and found ad. If someone is looking for it they will probably call. What ya think?????
Also just kidding on out doing your finds! I know you are still way out ahead of me. Your finds are awesome.
Your friend engine

Oh E...don't worry about the little jab.....that doesn't bother me one bit....it is all in fun right?? That is just another part of this hobby that makes it fun.....besides, you'll never catch me....ha!!! I am excited for anyone who has a good day.....I love reading posts like this & seeing the pictures. It keeps me motivated to get out there an hustle.....ha!

As for the wedding ring, I agree, don't turn it over to anyone at WalMart!! Maybe you can run an ad in the paper stating you found a wedding band in Walmart and hopefully the owner can contact you and describe it exactly. Only the owner should be able to do that. I know if I lost mine, I would be sooooo appreciative of someone returning it because of the sentimental value alone. Again, that would be a VERY honorable thing to do or at least attempting to get it back to the owner.

About the ring. Trying to get it back to the owner is the right thing to do. I wouldn't pay for an ad. I would post it to Craigslist. They have a lost and found and it's free to post. Then if no one claims it then hey, you tried. I've done that with a few rings I have found MDing. Has anyone claimed them, no. But at leastt I feel I tried and that makes it OK in my book. IMHO.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back