What's new

Had a nice surprize waiting around at the fair.

Truffleshuffle

Jr. Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2010
Messages
65
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Well The Tulsa state fair is open and A relative of mine was a volunteer for some contest. I hadn't been in years and there is lots of free stuff and cool things to buy. Well I knew that Tulsa had a few metal detect-er shops around and Hoped One would be set up in the expo center (Quick trip center now) There was a whites metal detector booth set up right at next to where they were judging. Very nice couple although I guess since he was a whites dealer he didn't;t care much for any other detectors Because when He asked what do I use I told him I got a Ace 250 he gave me a sour look. I did end up buying a nice digging tool for 15 bucks. I wanted the lesche but I just didn't have 45 to spend on one at the time. If i had known that the free play I got from the local cassino's that were set up there that I would have turned up with the nice money I hit on the free play I would have bought the lesche.( I ended up with a nice round number which will go good to pay off a credit card somewhat) I ended up getting home sometime around six and went out for a quick hunt. Found a few older Penney's for the 1970s and the first one I found was my birth year of 1979 which I thought was cool. I need to find a few new places to hunt Think I dug all the nice hits I have had. Now seems like every hit I have come across has been Iron strikes or pull tabs hits. On a side note I found my first actual Pull tab although it didn;t register as a pull tab it registered as a nickle.
 
You're doing ok. Keep at it. I'm not going to the fair, but it probably was the Whites dealer. Dealers do seem to get upset if you're not using their brand for some reason :icon_scratch:. They are nice folks though.
 
You know when you pass the pull tabs you ae also passing on the rings. Rings will register as pull tabs......Matt
 
Yes I do know thats why Im not passing them up. Im doing alot of practice right now. just running out of hits besides Iron. I guess I could do the iron hits as well just to check them out. The only thing is the development They live in is not that old maybe from the early late 50-60s and possibaly the 70's
 
slowNsteady said:
You're doing ok. Keep at it. I'm not going to the fair, but it probably was the Whites dealer. Dealers do seem to get upset if you're not using their brand for some reason :icon_scratch:. They are nice folks though.
yes it was a whites dealer and there were pretty nice. he was not the local of tulsa though he said he was either from texas or st louis but that he was there with the guy from tulsa but that guy was not there at the time or something. The only thing at the fair I did was the center thing. If the relitive of mine didn;t have to be there for that contest thing I probably would not have gone either. but all in all it was cool.
 
I live just outside Tulsa and there are a couple of dealers in town that are really nice persons. They handle several types of detectors and if you live close you should check the yellow pages. Also there are a couple of metal detecting clubs in Tulsa that might interest you. Monty
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom