Had to quit

pacer

Sep 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got into metal detecting for health reasons and now I must get out of it for the same reasons. I bought an Acer and was determined to go where no man has gone before. I communicated with historians of Southern Az along with my wife's family which were pioneers. I discovered ruins of ranches, stagecoach and train holdup sites, Indian battle sites along with several army camps. I have found 1 gold coin, several silver dollars, antique jewelry, rare ammunition and a pistol along with many other antique finds. I found all my treasure within a 7 month time of detecting. Anything I found was turned over to the people that either owned the property or the family members of the settlers that lived on the sites. Most of the finds were returned to me, so honesty turned out to be the best policy. There are countless other sites that I know of but my health will not let me explore them at this time.
I strongly suggest to all prospectors to find areas that were settled and explored by our relatives and preserve their history. If you are content of finding 20th century coins, pop tops and broken items then luck to you but if are hungry for history and heart pounding finds, research all rumors, farms, ranches, barns, trails and homesteads in your area.

Upvote 8

nolanation

Apr 28, 2014
NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lifetime of finds in seven months! Hope you can get back out there!

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your great finds and most people in this hobby never find a gold coin. Hope your health will allow you to do this hobby on a more modest level.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey pacer!! Hope your health improves!! MD'ing is great excersise as I am sure you are aware!! Just take it easy!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope that your health improves. GL.

White Akuma

May 2, 2012
Dolly Sods, WV
Detector(s) used
Ace 250,
ATGOLD!!
xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wise words indeed. I often hope to never see the day I become unable to go out. Hope everything turns out better for you! Always keep up the hope.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you can get back to it at some degree soon. Until then you can hunt threw these guys, it is a great site. Welcome to the net

lenjsr

Jan 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish you well. I am in Tucson. If you wish to share I am interested in working with you to explore

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the historical finds! I hope your heath returns soon, so you can enjoy the hobby once again.

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope your health returns to you. I share your love of history and completely appreciate your post!! ...Brad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread