What's new

Half-a-crown will lay me down!

WilliamBoyd

Hero Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2007
Messages
648
Reaction score
341
Golden Thread
0
Location
California
While walking near where I live (Northern California) I saw what looked like a half-dollar sized coin on the sidewalk.

It turned out to be a British half-crown coin from 1948.

post_britain_halfcrown_1948_spec.jpg

Great Britain half crown 1948
Copper-nickel, 32 mm, 14.11 gm

I immediately thought of the famous line "My tail's for sale. Half-a-crown will lay me down!" from Kathleen Winsor's 1944 novel Forever Amber.


:)



 
While walking near where I live (Northern California) I saw what looked like a half-dollar sized coin on the sidewalk.

It turned out to be a British half-crown coin from 1948.

post_britain_halfcrown_1948_spec.jpg

Great Britain half crown 1948
Copper-nickel, 32 mm, 14.11 gm

I immediately thought of the famous line "My tail's for sale. Half-a-crown will lay me down!" from Kathleen Winsor's 1944 novel Forever Amber.


:)




You should have posted this in Today's Finds for more exposure. This is pretty cool.
 
Bet you'll go for more walks now
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom