Half-Hound
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Jun 22, 2010
- Messages
- 72
- Reaction score
- 0
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Los Angeles
- Detector(s) used
- My Nose
Half-Hound Surpasses 2010 Goal of 250 Silver Halves
And Completes a 1964-1985 Kennedy Half Collection
December 27, 2010
Los Angeles, California
I’ve been off work this week between Christmas and New Year’s. And I’ve had more time to search for silver coins. I did a box of halves last evening and found four 90% silver coins: two 1964 P Kennedy Halves, a 1945 P Walking Liberty Half and a 1954 P Ben Franklin Half. The very last roll contained the Franklin half. These four coins helped me surpass my ambitious goal of finding 250 silver halves for this year. Probably about one third of these coins are the 90% silver variety, the rest of course are the 40% silver coins.
Rileyboy: I also finally found an acceptable 1982 P half that completes my 1964-1985 Whitman Kennedy Half Coin Folder. And I DID IT MY WAY! Thanks again for your offer, friend.
Incidentally, someone asked where these coin folders can be found. The coin folders can generally be found at bookstores like Borders or Barnes and Noble.
The paperweight is a Christmas gift from my seven year-old grandson. It has coins inside.
Half-Hound (253 Silver Halves, 1 Silver Quarter and 29 Silver Dimes)
And Completes a 1964-1985 Kennedy Half Collection
December 27, 2010
Los Angeles, California
I’ve been off work this week between Christmas and New Year’s. And I’ve had more time to search for silver coins. I did a box of halves last evening and found four 90% silver coins: two 1964 P Kennedy Halves, a 1945 P Walking Liberty Half and a 1954 P Ben Franklin Half. The very last roll contained the Franklin half. These four coins helped me surpass my ambitious goal of finding 250 silver halves for this year. Probably about one third of these coins are the 90% silver variety, the rest of course are the 40% silver coins.
Rileyboy: I also finally found an acceptable 1982 P half that completes my 1964-1985 Whitman Kennedy Half Coin Folder. And I DID IT MY WAY! Thanks again for your offer, friend.
Incidentally, someone asked where these coin folders can be found. The coin folders can generally be found at bookstores like Borders or Barnes and Noble.
The paperweight is a Christmas gift from my seven year-old grandson. It has coins inside.
Half-Hound (253 Silver Halves, 1 Silver Quarter and 29 Silver Dimes)
Attachments
-
LITE Four Silver Halves Obverse Closeup 27 December 2010.webp65.5 KB · Views: 351 -
LITE Four Silver Halves Reverse Closeup 27 December 2010.webp81.1 KB · Views: 345 -
LITE Collection Page 1.webp77.9 KB · Views: 344 -
LITE Collection Page 2.webp87.4 KB · Views: 338 -
LITE Collection Page 3.webp87.2 KB · Views: 346 -
LITE Las Vegas Car.webp122 KB · Views: 375
Upvote
0









