What's new

Half Keepers Includes a 1925 Stone Mountain Commemorative

Steve L.

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2008
Messages
407
Reaction score
23
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vienna, ME
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, White's DFX-300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Folks,
With the summer months I've elected to back off the coin roll hunting. However, it's a hard hobby to stay out of for very long. So Saturday morning I picked up four boxes I ordered last week from a location that always produces good finds.
This weekend was no exception. While the silver numbers are not really high, the variety of finds from these four boxes made them awfully fun. :headbang:
Box 1: 5 40% (1966, 2x 1967, 1968-D, and 1969-D), and my first 1987-P clad NIFC.
Box 2: The real winner this time. :icon_sunny: A 1925 Stone Mountain Commemorative :icon_thumleft:, a 1946 Walking Liberty, a 1952 Franklin, and a 1964 Kennedy; plus 6 40% (2x 1966, 2x 1967, and 2x 1968-D).
Box 3: 10 40% (1965, 3x 1967, 1968-D, 4x 1969-D, and a 1970-D (only my second one of these in the wild!))
Box 4: 2x 1964-D Kennedy's and 4x 40% (3x 1967, and a 1968-D).
Total Silver: 6x 90% and 25x 40%.
I kept 11 NIFC's (which included the 87-P and the 70-D).
Picks follow. Especially stoked to have been able to pull in the Stone Mountain Commemorative coin. :notworthy:
Good luck to you all and thank you for looking.
Steve L.
 

Attachments

  • Silver Four Box Score 13 June.webp
    Silver Four Box Score 13 June.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 427
  • Silver Four Box Score 13 June.webp
    Silver Four Box Score 13 June.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 409
  • Silver Four Box Score 13 June.webp
    Silver Four Box Score 13 June.webp
    31.5 KB · Views: 410
  • Stone Mountain Comm 1925.webp
    Stone Mountain Comm 1925.webp
    20.3 KB · Views: 418
Upvote 0
Excellent haul!

Yep, I am finding I am spending more time with this hobby! Can't give it up.

apush
 
Congrats on the Stone Mountain!!!

It's my favorite of the early U.S. Commemoratives.
 
Good find! :icon_thumright: I like it when I get an assortment.

Maine_Jim
 
Great silver find. Especially like that Stone Mountain :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
HH
Rich
 
nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
That "Stone Mountain" commemorative is a great find.
rileyboy
 
Hey man, I'm out sick today but I can't wait to see the Stone Mtn Comm tomorrow. Great finds!

Congrats and well deserved.

JasonB
 
favored papa said:
Isn't the 70 d a 40% also?
Favored Papa,
Yes. The 1970-D is also a 40%. This makes the second one I've found in the wild and both of them were in really nice condition.
I feel very fortunate to see these.

I see you swing the Ace 250 too. I've really enjoyed mine, but far and away coin roll hunting Halves has produced better "silver rushes"!
Best wishes,
Steve L.
 
That's a sweet haul right there. I can't wait till I find a silver commem. Nice variety!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom