What's new

""Hammer of Thor""

Trond

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2006
Messages
994
Reaction score
12
Golden Thread
0
Location
Norway
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmaxx Power.
""Hammer of Thor""

When i was detecting some time back, i got this good signal. I started to dig and beliving it was another coin- because i found some old silver and coppercoins on this field.
It was quite a surprise when i found this little relic intact. Its an pendant from time of the vikings, made out of lead.

Its a "Hammer of Thor". ;D

Like all the other relics i have found its delivered to the museum, and im waiting for more information.
 

Attachments

  • Torshammer1aaa.webp
    Torshammer1aaa.webp
    15 KB · Views: 1,091
Upvote 0
Re: ""Hammer of Thor""

Really,really cool!
 
Re: ""Hammer of Thor""

I believe its a Votive burial good. Nice find :)
 
Re: ""Hammer of Thor""

CRUSADER said:
I believe its a Votive burial good. Nice find :)
What is that?? My English is not so good, sorry i dont understand? ???
 
Re: ""Hammer of Thor""

goldhamster said:
CRUSADER said:
I believe its a Votive burial good. Nice find :)
What is that?? My English is not so good, sorry i dont understand? ???

An object made to represent something when buried with the body of the Viking.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom