What's new

And finally (EFTS) part 4

fishstick

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2012
Messages
3,341
Reaction score
12,238
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Site 7- Noticed a plowed field that hadn't been planted yet so I thgt I'd do some rock picking. I've never walked this field so I didn't know what to expect. It's a big field so I was just riding my bike from hilltop to hilltop. Was doing pretty good then got to a top and found a homesite that's not on any of my maps so I called my wife to bring my detector and then it was on. This is my third time finding 4 largies in one hunt and the sash type buckle is super thick. I think it's a lot older than most others I've found. They were planting it the very next day so I'll have to wait for the next hunt.

Site 8- Another new permission and it didn't disappoint. Some super early lead/pewter buttons and pieces which we don't find much of here in these parts. Now I'm waiting for the early coinage to start showing. Any ideas on the spoon bowl with dots on it are appreciated. HH
484.webp
485.webp
487.webp
488.webp
 
Upvote 16
Outstanding finds ! :hello2:
Finding four Large Cents on one hunt is amazing - doing it three times is incredible !
 
Outstanding finds ! :hello2:
Finding four Large Cents on one hunt is amazing - doing it three times is incredible !
I was really pushing hard for a fifth one to beat my record lol. Thx E
 
Site 7- Noticed a plowed field that hadn't been planted yet so I thgt I'd do some rock picking. I've never walked this field so I didn't know what to expect. It's a big field so I was just riding my bike from hilltop to hilltop. Was doing pretty good then got to a top and found a homesite that's not on any of my maps so I called my wife to bring my detector and then it was on. This is my third time finding 4 largies in one hunt and the sash type buckle is super thick. I think it's a lot older than most others I've found. They were planting it the very next day so I'll have to wait for the next hunt.

Site 8- Another new permission and it didn't disappoint. Some super early lead/pewter buttons and pieces which we don't find much of here in these parts. Now I'm waiting for the early coinage to start showing. Any ideas on the spoon bowl with dots on it are appreciated. HHView attachment 2261621View attachment 2261622View attachment 2261623View attachment 2261624
What a great hunt! Love all those LC's, and the buttons too. Well done!
 
I was really pushing hard for a fifth one to beat my record lol. Thx E
Three Large Cents is the most that I've ever found on one hunt.
But I did find five Large Cents at each of two different sites on multiple hunts.
Have found a total of (55) Large Cents (1812 to 1853) all together.
 
Three Large Cents is the most that I've ever found on one hunt.
But I did find five Large Cents at each of two different sites on multiple hunts.
Have found a total of (55) Large Cents (1812 to 1853) all together.
Heck yeah 👍 I need to count mine sometime just for S&G's
 
What a great hunt! Love all those LC's, and the buttons too. Well done!
Thank ya monkey!! These two sites I'm really looking forward to getting back on
 
Does anyone have thgt's on the spoon bowl? And I'm thinking a cane tip as well .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom