Flatwoods, Kentucky
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason in Enid said:
You can make your own very easily from a stud finder and little bit of modification.

I don't think you will ever find a stud finder that will pinpoint 4-6 inches. I have had 2 Automax Precision v4 pinpointers, they may detect an inch if lucky, I still have a Vibra-Probe 580, it may go 2-2.5 inches at most, I never use it anymore as I use the Beach Brute II scoop and have no need. I can easily get 4 to 6 inches every time with my Dp Uniprobe.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A pinpointer is an invaluable tool for me. It is especially helpful if your old eyesight isn't what it use to be. It also stops the need to shovel through handfuls of dirt to find a small object. (I have an allergy to most soils that breaks out my hands). You don't need 3 or 4" of sensitivity, that's what your detector is for. Monty

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice vid on pinpointer.
Soft soil helps to get plugs like that.

My first detector was a metal detector.
If it was metal it would beep.
Yes there were pics on the screen but sometimes they lied.
Drove me crazy when a handfull of dirt or bark chips or a hole getting too big would beep.
Gave up a lot. Then got a pinpointer. AHAH! that's a rusty paperclip.

I have a cheapo but like the ones that increase in vibes and/or sound closer you get.
Will never do without now. More than 2-3 inches is not pinpointing.

Grey

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread