What's new

Hank Aaron dies at 86 today

smokeythecat

Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2012
Messages
20,926
Reaction score
41,158
Golden Thread
10
Location
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
10
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RIP. I remember seeing him play a few times. Way back in the day. He was still out in the public, he had his covid shot 2 weeks ago and had it widely publicized to encourage the African American community to get theirs.
 
I was at Atlanta Stadium when Hank Aron broke the Babes homerun record. I was lucky enough to watch his record breaking homerun soar away in my binoculars. This was the most thrilling sports event I was fortunate enough to witness. "Hammering Hank" was quite a baseball player. RIP Hammer.
 
R.I.P. Hammer! I saw him play in 1970 during a double header with Cincinnati. He hit a pair of homer’s in each game. Pete Rose was in right field the first game and someone threw a whisky bottle that hit him in the head, he came out of the game to get stitched up but returned the second game. Quite a day in Atlanta.
 
I never saw him play in person but did see him hit the tie breaker home run. I feel old.
 
Bad news is that I believed that I did not see him play in person or tv. He is on a winning team now. God bless.
 
I still have my Hank Aaron signature Louisville Slugger baseball bat. Had it since the 60's. Didn't he end up with a Ford dealership in Atlanta? Gary
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom