What's new

Happy 50th Garrett!!!

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2013
Messages
2,112
Reaction score
1,221
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It all started in a garage. Garland Texas was the place. 1964 was the year.
BFO to VDI in 50yrs!?
Love 'em or hate 'em, Garrett will surely still be a treasure hunting FORCE in 2064.
Well done Garrett!
Peace
 
Never owned a Garrett but I have read several of his books.

Congratulations and best wishes Charlie!
 
Those were the TOP DOG machines of the mid to late 1970s. You were one-cool-dude if you were swinging one of those, in those days. But by the later '70s and early '80s, Whites seemed to dominate. And now, it seems Minelab has garnered that crown. But through it all, Garrett has stayed in the dog-eat-dog market !
 
When you travel keep an eye out for the Garrett name on airport and police detectors/scanners. His company is doing OK.

Any of the Garrett "hobby" machines will find lots of coin and jewelery - they're just a bit behind the current cutting edge. But sometimes the cutting edge can fail you. Garretts are always going to do what they were designed for. The Ace 250 and the AT Pro are where I would point a new detectorist.

I don't know why the GTI 2500 isn't more popular - but I suspect folks want a simple numeric display and a good target sound, not a belltone.
 
The GTI2500 was Garrett's flagship machine for many years. I think the popularity of the numeric display dislodged it. It's a shame too. It's a very powerful machine.
Peace
 
I know when I'm detecting I'm watching skirts and the audio is what brings me back. .. er, I mean, I often get so involved in the terrain that I rely on a good audio signal before I start to review the display. I'm not a fan of icons myself and Garrett went heavy into those in the 80's and 90's. Six billion different metallic objects under the sod and eight icons aren't going to get you there.
 
v.d.i is white's video discretion indicator

garret had the curcer and they called it Gta garret target analyzer and the gti garret target indicator

garret never had numbers untill whites lost the Paten too Dave Johnson from teknectics

now they all have it except tesorro witch is mine lab if i had to bet

yea he made some money on books happy B.day

Mr. Garret


liftloop
 
Thanks liftloop. Being semi-new, VDI, TID are basically the same to me. An actual number recognition of various metals is simply amazing.
But I must ask, why do you think Tesoro and Minelab are connected?
Peace
P.S. Happy Birthday Garrett
 
Bought my first Garrett in 1970, a brand new BFO master hunter with two coils. Bought my second one for my girlfriend a couple months later and another one a year later for my best friend's wedding present. The 8" coil with the little 3" coil set in it was the best pinpointing machine I ever used. I still wonder why modern manufacturers don't utilize the switchable dual coil set up. The AT Pro would be an even cooler machine if it had a similar coil system, any detector would. I suppose the manufacturers prefer selling us more coils rather than incorporating two coils into one. I'm glad Charles Garrett is still alive and that his company still makes great stuff, I have always done well with his equipment even though I also use Minelab products these days.
 
Thanks liftloop. Being semi-new, VDI, TID are basically the same to me. An actual number recognition of various metals is simply amazing.
But I must ask, why do you think Tesoro and Minelab are connected?
Peace
P.S. Happy Birthday Garrett
Well liftloop thinks that Minelab & Tesoro is the same company ….. Why ? lift come back and give me a answer …. And tell me again how Fisher has something to do with all major brands … For i forget .. I can't help it it gets to complicated for me...
 
Last edited:
But i will say happy happy to Chuck Garrett … he does a good job i have used his detector's going on 40 years .. But i do not like the AT Pro those connectors on the coil and headphones .. Is the reason i got rid of my AT ..
 
gold fever,
is sponsored by mine lab and whats his face, pulls out a lobo , how ironic
whats his face Tom Massey
and you know tesoro makes detectors over see.
hush hush


liftloop
 
Last edited:
Keppy.

and it wouldn't be a fisher it's a first Texas product...since they were bought out...
that why fisher, bounty hunter,teknetic they all sound an look the same...
one beep or two way pass from any detector. I can tell you make and origin.


liftloop



liftloop
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom