What's new

Happy Memorial Day

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2012
Messages
6,256
Reaction score
5,322
Golden Thread
2
Location
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
To those that have served our great country,thank you. Putting your life on the line for strangers is the ultimate act of courage.
 
To those that have served our great country,thank you. Putting your life on the line for strangers is the ultimate act of courage.


DITTO!

*THANK YOU* FOR MY FREEDOM!
 
This Day is set aside to honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice, with valor.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
The living make ultimate sacrifices every day they 'serve and I'd rather tell them now how I feel before they sleep.
 
Last edited:
To all that served, Thank You!
 
While some die in service, many of us leave damaged….never the same again……Memorial Day is a good time to think of, pray for those who have died….
Vaya con Dios
 
Thanks - but Memorial Day should be reflective and somber rather than happy. Lots of young men never came home.

Happy to live in the U.S. but respectful of what price was paid.

Veterans Day we celebrate those who served. Memorial Day we honor those who died in war.
 
I am a bit different as you all know. I served my 8 years in the Army and I was lucky that there was peace on Earth during that time. I don't set a day aside to honor this and that. I live day to day and the pleasant and sad memories drift thru my mind constantly. I might be walking my dog thru the woods and be thinking of my Uncle who served in New Guine durind WWII or pause by my wife's grave on our farm and remember all the pleasant moments we shared together or by my sons grave and remember how I enjoyed teaching him the way of life. Got to stop here.
SCOTLAND-IRELAND 001_edited-2.webp Frank...-
 
I agree with Charles; Memorial Day is not a 'Happy' day, but one that should be filled with memories of those who died for your freedom and those still MIA or POW. Enjoy the holiday, yes, but also remember who gave it to you; those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.
Don...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom