Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"happy new year" Me and Jack Daniels went hunting today Hahahhah

Hi all Happy New year. Gee i have had quite a day .All started this morning [saturday] Turn the noise box on and heard the weather report. $#%%%^$$$ 103 degrees .So ducked out and did a few messages for the wife. 2 hours later i got back the temperature was already rising. had a bit of lunch and was geting bored. I did notice the wife drinking a glass of wine . Well that me the excuse i needed to start the New year fun. Hmmm Straight to the top shelf Sick of beer so only had half a bottle of jack daniels left. Better not leave it for others. :laughing9: :laughing9: Sat down in front of the Stupid box [tv] Nothing on . Read for about 5 minutes and decided to go hunting. Problem cannot drive so asked the wife to drop me off at one of my local sites. She did notice that the level in the jack daniels bottle had dropped and asked if i would be all right. I replied "Yep don,t feel numb yet" She reminded me 'again' that we where going to the local Greek Restrautant for new years. yer yer mutter mutter . Just politily smiled and got dropped off.

The site was the other end of the hard-rock mine line i have been working this week.The controlled burn-off burnt everthing but is tough bendy stalks. Stalks about 4 inches long and hard to see on the blacked ground. Coil left around this one right round that one. Woops coil bounced off the one i didn,t see. The area of about 200 square feet i covered ,was fairly clear of rubbish. The whole time i could feel the hot sun on my back and soon i started to melt. then finally a really loud signal. Never heard anything like this before. Flat- aggreesive-flat No close induction. Ground balanced and dropped the gain down to 5 . Was running on 9 . Softer induction aggresive induction softer Ok 3 targets about 5 inches apart. Drove my pick right into the middle forward of the loudest target. One lump of clay and passed over the coil. That screamed with a sound i know well. I retieved a 2 gram piece . I was starting to feel the heat and don,t think drinking whiskey helped. :laughing9: :laughing9: and i still had find the other 2 small targets. I just sat on the ground for about 10 minutes with no motivation. took me another 20 minutes to retrieve a air rifle pellet to the left and a 22 lead to the right.
I had enough so sat against a tree in the shade untill the wife came back. She pulls up ans says its nearly 7pm . Really i said i thought i was only out for a couple of hours. It in fact had been 4 hours must have gone to sleep for a while. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
Wife asked if i wanted a drink as she stopping at the local shop for something.No thanks i,m have one when i get home. The look and the colour on her face, :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: Didn,t want me drinking any more untill we went for dinner. Well while she was in the shower i sneaked couple more then pushed my luck. Wife didn,t say anything till we got home to nite about 11.30pm I can tell you it not" HAPPY NEW YEAR" Your sleeping on the couch. I think i will be there for a week.
So i don,t mind gave a chance to spend a little more time with JACK lol Might not be feeling to good tomorrow. Happy new year all Work hard, Drink hard and suffer afterwards :laughing9: :laughing9:

tinpan pic is of all the gold found this last 4 days and the bigger nugget todays.

Attachments

• 100_1323.jpg
    100_1323.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 533
  • 100_1320.jpg
    100_1320.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 516
  • 100_1326.jpg
    100_1326.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 506
Upvote 0

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: "happy new year" Me and Jack Daniels went hunting today Hahahhah

Did you ever make it to the Greek restaurant :dontknow: If so, what did you order :icon_scratch: I've been n the mood for some moussaka, or pasticcio for the longest time :tongue3:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.... Nice finds :laughing7:

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Woodland Detectors said:
Beautiful Finds my friend! Great story, and way to go killin it with that Minelab GPX!!!!

Thanks mate .i hope what i posted makes some sort sence because i have no idea Except its 1.08 am New years day.

tinpan

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

tinpan said:
Woodland Detectors said:
Beautiful Finds my friend! Great story, and way to go killin it with that Minelab GPX!!!!

Thanks mate .i hope what i posted makes some sort sence because i have no idea Except its 1.08 am New years day.

tinpan
LOL Well cheers from my family to yours. Happy New Yer

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

spartacus53 said:
Did you ever make it to the Greek restaurant :dontknow: If so, what did you order :icon_scratch: I've been n the mood for some moussaka, or pasticcio for the longest time :tongue3:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.... Nice finds :laughing7:

Don,t likr eggplant

I ordered the htapothi sti skahara [entre] paidakia[main] wife had keftedes[entre] and main Soulviaki

Wine was a bottle of Belgonie hermitage [local] finished with
i love greek coffee

tinpan Just saw the bill on the table My wallet but wife paid LOL
137 dollars ouch !!!!!!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

tinpan,Better watch that JD!! Nice Nuggies man! God Bless Chris

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice nuggets!!!! You're fortunate to be able to hunt an area like. With the price of gold where it is that could be your full-time job! :icon_thumright:

nuggy

Aug 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, had; Minelab Eureka, Bounty Hunter, Garrett, Fisher and Whites.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice post, nice nuggies. Happy new year, and I hope you find many more in 2012.

Wondering though - if your fondness for JD's and your inability to drive are connected ?

Nuggy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread