What's new

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! Todays hunt yields a silver ( I think) coin and misc.

Lorrain.

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
978
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! Today's hunt yields a silver ( I think) coin and misc.

Hi :hello2:

Just can't resist getting out to the beach with the fabulous weather we've been experiencing here in CT. I hope the sun and fair temps continue.

Detected another old beach which I haven't been to in quite some time. Hunted dry and wet sand.

Encrusted coin gave off a strong high sound...I'm cleaning it at this time to see what it is..will post cleaned pics later.

Not much else to "write home about", but it sure was fun out there

Hank and I wish everyone a Happy, Prosperous New Year!

Here's some pics

Thanks for looking

Lorraine


Addendum to above post: coin is beginning to look like a " Barber " dime. I can see "United States ...

instead of "Liberty " on the obverse.


Addendum to the addendum above:

Here is a pic of the coin after electrolysis: another victim of the salty beach sand conditions :'(
 

Attachments

  • DSCF1252.webp
    DSCF1252.webp
    33.7 KB · Views: 479
  • DSCF1253.webp
    DSCF1253.webp
    38.8 KB · Views: 470
  • DSCF1255.webp
    DSCF1255.webp
    55.2 KB · Views: 475
  • DSCF1258.webp
    DSCF1258.webp
    46.7 KB · Views: 475
  • DSCF1260.webp
    DSCF1260.webp
    60.2 KB · Views: 545
  • DSCF1253.webp
    DSCF1253.webp
    108.5 KB · Views: 580
Upvote 0
Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! Today's hunt yields a silver ( I think) coin and misc.

Yes, it is a Barber dime. Congrats on the old silver! :thumbsup:

....and HAPPY NEW YEAR! :icon_sunny:
 
Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! Today's hunt yields a silver ( I think) coin and misc.

Congrats on the Silver Lorrain! All I got this morning was .88 cents and a few pieces of trash. Happy new years to you and yours and let me know what time to be there for dinner YUMMMMY!!

Aaron
 
Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! Today's hunt yields a silver ( I think) coin and misc.

Happy New Year to you and all on the forum.
 
Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! Today's hunt yields a silver ( I think) coin and misc.

Wish I was having lobster, happy new year :blob7:

Jonnie
 
Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! Today's hunt yields a silver ( I think) coin and misc.

Great job cleaning up that mystery coin Lorraine.
I was surprised you were able to pull a date off
it because it was so encrusted. Well done. HH
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! Today's hunt yields a silver ( I think) coin and misc.

You had a better day then I did! I ended up with .78 cents. Dang! Them CLAWS look good! Happy New Year!
 
Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! Today's hunt yields a silver ( I think) coin and misc.

Great Lorraine on your first silver of 2012. May many more come with lots of gold in your scoop too! Good digs!
 
Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! Today's hunt yields a silver ( I think) coin and misc.

Not much silver coming off our beaches.... miss the old coins.

Dew
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom