Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello knappers
I was talking with thirty7 about an idea I had. I would like to harvest a deer this season with my compound bow and use a stone point. OK why a compound and not traditional. First my skill level is very good with a compound and poor with traditional. Second I want to insure the correct fps and kinetic energy to get a dbl lung shot for a quick kill. Third I feel and this is the hard part I want to use a carbon arrow to handle the speed of the bow.
Sounds impossible.It might be but that's why I am here.
I am not worried about the union between the two being primitive.My goal is to study the cut penetration and hopefully impact fracture.
So what type point? Maybe a disputed type. A common found south eastern snapped stem. This would give the strength of the shaft pushing the point. Thirty7 suggested taking the animal at around 20 feet.I think this is smart due to the fletchings usually having a right helical twist. And I do not want to have a warble.
What do you guys suggest. Any knappers think this is plausible to marry the the point to shaft?
I will happily pay for the point or can dig one out of a frame but think i need say a fresh hard material (sharp).
Yay or Nay?
I have some wooden shafts but they are to short for my draw length.Hmmmmm :)
Thanks everyone
TnMountains

Upvote 0

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stansknives said:
This is the part where you remember! Stan
I am trying!I took hundreds of people throughout the years,and my memory just isnt what it once could have been!! :laughing7:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love Large Cents.I was fortunate to have dug my first which was followed up by four more last year.They dont pop up that often here in California.The coin in my Avatar is a $10.00 gold coin I found last year as well

OP
OP
Tnmountains

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stan
That is amazing craftsmanship on your knifes and hunting gear. What talent you have.
I have just completed and am working on the blade a Damascus hunter for skinning, I used a horn off of a deer I killed and bought the blade. It has been fun and will be a working knife. I left some pedicle on the base for grip. I now just need to find a sheath!
It fits the hand very well.
My humble knife project.

Attachments

• 100_2492.JPG
    100_2492.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 553
  • 100_2492.JPG
    100_2492.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 533

stansknives

Dec 10, 2009
Slapout,Alabama
Thanks Treefrog for you comments on my work. I work on these for many hours to complete one. No two are the same as all stones are different. I use materials from all over the world. I also sign and number each one after completion. I start my knife prices at $175 and up depending on the material. I currently have 2 available. Stan

P

pickaway

Amazing work Stan. Do you sell the arrows? I'd be interesrted in one of those.

stansknives

Dec 10, 2009
Slapout,Alabama
Thanks for your comments Pickaway. I do sell my arrows from time to time. They take a LONG time to make. All my arrows are "Field Ready"! I pre shoot them before the point is added. I get $50 each for them. Stan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread