Harvest Time & Old School Hunt.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Hit the old school where I scored the Barber dime the other day. Found a 1957 wheat & 1959 Jefferson nickel. Older than me so I was content. The field across from where I work got picked and disked so I headed straight across the road after work and pounded it until sundown. It's chock full of targets but, I am lacking in many nice old coins so far. I did manage a 1945 wheatie. Loads of iron hauled out today as per usual. I really liked the old Brylcreem tube. My step father used that "grease". Remarkable how well it held up in a corn field. Found part of a pocket watch and a cool old brass shaver handle. Also a small smashed Avon Lipstick Tube. I got some old agriculture harness rings, a nice horseshoe, and various other iron relics. It was a gorgeous afternoon and I know there just has to be some old coins in this field somewhere. Thanks for stopping by and have an excellent weekend. Kurios1

Field Hunt & School 008.JPG Field Hunt & School 001.JPG Field Hunt & School 002.JPG Field Hunt & School 003.JPG Field Hunt & School 009.JPG Field Hunt & School 010.JPG Field Hunt & School 014.JPG Field Hunt & School 012.JPG Field Hunt & School 013.JPG Field Hunt & School 015.JPG Field Hunt & School 016.JPG Field Hunt & School 018.JPG Field Hunt & School 019.JPG Field Hunt & School 020.JPG Field Hunt & School 017.JPG

Upvote 20

StonedOregonhunter

Jun 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds! I like that old button. That school looks sure familiar!! Glad you enjoyed your great weather, I'm stuck in the rain here on out!! HH

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a huge field, it will keep you busy. Good assortment of goodies! Good luck in your future hunts!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I like that old button. That school looks sure familiar!! Glad you enjoyed your great weather, I'm stuck in the rain here on out!! HH

That old school is in my village of Lee Center. It's been vacant for about four years or so. I have worked it pretty hard but it's nearly five acres so there has to be a few more keepers in here somewhere. Nice to hear from you mate!:hello:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a huge field, it will keep you busy. Good assortment of goodies! Good luck in your future hunts!

Yes and I reckon the property owners have thousands of acres of fields I can hunt. I really have only hunted this one area where I know a house and yard was recently leveled and tilled under. I think I need to go wandering about and see what else I can find away from this spot.:hello:

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes indeed :thumbsup:....sounds like a promising permission on the big acreage. I see you pulled a fork and spoon. I always like those whether they are plated or not. Good luck on your future hunts there.

Coil-2-Soil

Mar 21, 2017
East Coast
Detector(s) used
3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a nice variety of finds. That field is big enough to keep you busy till they plant again and then some. I'm waiting on one of my permissions to harvest soybeans so I can get in there. I hope you keep pulling great finds and good luck. HH

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lots of targets that's for sure, and a return hunt is a must as there has to be something sweet lurking in the soils.
I'd be going for a little hot spotting for something a little older if that happens in your local.
Lots of times a new home is built on the property close to the original homes or on the same foot print.

I've got one where the new house is built on the foundation of the original home, but across the road there was even an older house, little did the land owner even know there was a another home 1800-1815 on the end of the field, all belonging to the same family. So unless everything is documented every year the mapping systems will miss many pre/post homesteads.

Will be looking in on what you're able to get this weekend, best of luck.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Brylcreem-A little dab will do you.

My Grandfather used Brylcreem. Funny the other day at work I had a conversion about Brylcreem and that jingle.

Man it looks like you hauled out over 20 lbs. of iron.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice relic hunt! :occasion14:

You found a lot of interesting items. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread