What's new

has anyone ever found a...?

silvercop

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2008
Messages
3,653
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i don't know if this is an error or something someone put together but i found a half today without and obverse (no face) just the reverse (presidential seal) on both sides. anyone else ever find any of these?
 
Upvote 0
dont mean to sound stupid but what exactly would a magician use this coin for?
 
silvercop said:
dont mean to sound stupid but what exactly would a magician use this coin for?

Tails I win.....Heads you loose.

You'll never loose a flip as long as you bet tails! It's almost like magic!
 
silvercop said:
dont mean to sound stupid but what exactly would a magician use this coin for?


No problem S..C the half has been cut into 2 sides with a lathe so it can be put back together and a magician will hide a Peso or whatever inside and suddenly make a different coin appear than the half dolllar ... I was looking video but cant seem to find one at the moment ... I am sure that some will post one , Ed
 
so what you are saying is there is a way to get the half open right?
 
The video on you tube is called scotch and soda I think.
The two headed or two tales ones I have are glued together
but made the same way as the magicians coin.
 
The double heads or double tails halves do not have anything in them. The others (one's that look like normal halves do have another coin in them) usually have a Mexican centavos or a British half penny. Sometimes they contain other suprises!
 

Attachments

  • DSC01528.webp
    DSC01528.webp
    29 KB · Views: 249
  • DSC00373.webp
    DSC00373.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 247
  • DSC00374.webp
    DSC00374.webp
    15.4 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC00375.webp
    DSC00375.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 247
  • DSC00376.webp
    DSC00376.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 241
  • DSC01528.webp
    DSC01528.webp
    29 KB · Views: 246
  • DSC00373.webp
    DSC00373.webp
    18.8 KB · Views: 249
  • DSC00374.webp
    DSC00374.webp
    15.4 KB · Views: 249
  • DSC00375.webp
    DSC00375.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC00376.webp
    DSC00376.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 242
silvercop said:
i don't know if this is an error or something someone put together but i found a half today without and obverse (no face) just the reverse (presidential seal) on both sides. anyone else ever find any of these?

I have found a couple 3 to be exact. They are not Magician coins like the ones pictured above but are altered and I would consider them a novelty.

Mojo
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom