What's new

Has anyone hip mounted a 3030?

midalake

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2014
Messages
2,351
Reaction score
597
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had an opportunity to test drive a 3030 on the beach the other day. At 6'4 there is no way I can detect with this machine and be comfortable. Options?

Dave
 
Because of weight? Get a sling or the Minelab vest equivalent.
 
At your height, even at max extension of the lower rod, I'd probably be too short for you.

A longer lower rod is probably a valid option. There's a couple other vendors who make carbon fiber lower shafts, names aren't on the top of my head right now, but I'd venture you could get a longer lower shaft from them.
 
Hello midalake,

I'm also 6' 4", just buy the tall man's lower rod and all will be well. I had to purchase tall man's lower rods for all of my machines, no back, shoulder or arm discomfort.

Good Luck,

Doc
 
What does his height have to do with hip mounting? That wouldn't change the shaft length.
 
[FONT=&quot]Foiled Again Jim in MB did his...I'll look around for some pics...[/FONT]
 
What does his height have to do with hip mounting? That wouldn't change the shaft length.

It would change the length on a custom shaft! Does anyone know the total length of the stock 11" coil?

Dave
 
That would be great! Or maybe he can reply?

Dave
 
Hip mount a 3030? Am I missing something?
 
It would change the length on a custom shaft! Does anyone know the total length of the stock 11" coil?

Dave
What is happening here?
 
What is happening here?

What is happening here is: you may have nothing to respond, to add, to enhance?

Not everyone's detecting needs are the same. Not everyone hunts the same conditions. Not everyone likes all their junk on the same stick. Now can you please measure your coil cable length for me on the 11" stock coil?

Dave
 
What is happening here is: you may have nothing to respond, to add, to enhance?

Not everyone's detecting needs are the same. Not everyone hunts the same conditions. Not everyone likes all their junk on the same stick. Now can you please measure your coil cable length for me on the 11" stock coil?

Dave
First off you do not "hip mount" a CTX 3030. Secondly you didn't mention the coil cable, you only said the 11" inch coil. Third, it is not a straight cable, it is coiled.
Now I apologize if I came off the wrong way. I actually thought I was missing something here. Seems that's not the case.
 
Doesn't look like hip mounting would be too easy on a CTX. You'd need a completely custom upper shaft with arm rest. Anderson makes an aftermarket lower, but, I don't think anyone has an upper yet. I doubt there will be enough demand for one that would prompt a company to design and build it. Check with Anderson to see how long their replacement lower one is. That might help keep you from bending over too much.
 
Anderson will custom build any length he wants, so that part isn't an issue.
 
How would you hip mount a CTX? Other than the lower shaft, it is a complete unit. Like what, putting a guitar strap on it and slinging it over your shoulder?
Honestly, can the OP be talking about an Excal maybe?
 
Is this the machine you test drove?
image.webp
Or this one
image.webp
They do make an aftermarket lower shaft that might be a few inches longer
image.webp
 
[FONT="]Foiled Again Jim in MB did his...I'll look around for some pics...[/FONT]

If anyone would come up with something like this, you would my friend!

I hope you find those pics!
 
At one time there was a company that offered a body mount for the Explorer series detector's.
You had a sling strap and hung it on your side with a strap over your neck / shoulder. Had an extension cable ~3' long out to a shaft with arm cup for the coil.
Would guess you could do something like this for the CTX but would have to make the stuff, I don't think it exist.

My 2 cents worth.
Jeff
 
The OP must be confusing an Excal with a CTX.
 
I'm with MrMike. You can't hip mount this unless you completely re-engineered the machine.
IMG_3074.webp
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom