Has Anyone Used An AT Pro For Nugget Hunting With The 5X8 Coil ? Any Tips?

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered a new AT Pro with the standard 8.5X11 Coil and I also ordered the 5X8 Coil. I should have it about Wednesday of this coming week. The following week, I plan to take it on a one Nugget Hunting Trip to The AZ Gold Basin Area.

Has anyone used an AT Pro for Nugget Hunting?

I could sure use some pointers, as I will have very little time to prepare for this hunt.

Any input and suggestions will be appreciated.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I ordered a new AT Pro with the standard 8.5X11 Coil and I also ordered the 5X8 Coil. I should have it about Wednesday of this coming week. The following week, I plan to take it on a one Nugget Hunting Trip to The AZ Gold Basin Area.

Has anyone used an AT Pro for Nugget Hunting?

I could sure use some pointers, as I will have very little time to prepare for this hunt.

Any input and suggestions will be appreciated.
... You will get more and better answers if you go down and post this question under.. " METAL DETECTING FOR GOLD " ...

OP
OP
J

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... You will get more and better answers if you go down and post this question under.. " METAL DETECTING FOR GOLD " ...

Thanks for the heads-up. I am still learning my way around.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
But by the looks of it down there you might not get two many answers down there i see some one else ask the same question ...But got no answers...

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Use the big coil and max out the sens and run zero scrim including iron scrim and run pro mode and dig any target the goes off mid tone. Ignore the high tones as they are probably just silver coins and crap. You could find some pea size nuggets shallow say 5".

OP
OP
J

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But by the looks of it down there you might not get two many answers down there i see some one else ask the same question ...But got no answers...

Yes, I took a good look down there, several pages worth. There are several questions related to the AT Pro but few if any responses. I decided that it would just be a waste to post my question.

OP
OP
J

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use the big coil and max out the sens and run zero scrim including iron scrim and run pro mode and dig any target the goes off mid tone. Ignore the high tones as they are probably just silver coins and crap. You could find some pea size nuggets shallow say 5".

Since I really have no experience with the AT Pro, I am thinking your suggestion may be a good way to start with. I will especially avoid those high tones. I don't want to waste time digging that kind of junk.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I hate to be the one to say this, but you might have been better off with there ATX for nuggets. Frank... hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Frankn of course. Actually the op would be a lot better off with a GPX 5000.
51 butterfly.jpg
gleaner1
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Frank...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread