What's new

Has CRHing come to this?

ScoobaSteve

Full Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2008
Messages
160
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTX500
http://hartford.craigslist.org/clt/1398804856.html

Click the link for the actual craigslist ad or read the text here:

While looking for a silver steal on craigslist I bumped into this ad.

(4) $500 sealed boxes of kennedy half dollar coins - $2040 (sturbridge,ma.)
Mint sealed Boxes.

These $500 unopened boxes contain 50 factory wrapped rolls of U.S. half dollars.

4000 coins total.

all types of regular and or uncirculated, and 40% silver clad halves have been found in these types of boxes. Possible error coins could be present. Dates may range from 1965-2001. All mint marks may be represented.



i purchased these at an auction.They came from the Federal Reserve Bank, and are still sealed.

Have fun, and good luck searching through these half dollars.

call joel 508 248-9759


Should we give him a call? LOL
 
Upvote 0
My question is, why does he think there are no pre 65 dates in boxes?
 
The sad thing is that somebody out there will be foolish enough to buy it from him. Look at what some people were paying for boxes of new pennies here a while back. I think it was Ugotit who was selling them like hotcakes on ebay.

You never know.


Jim
 
I was hunting in Sturbridge Mass, a few weeks ago. Came upon a dumpbut was forwarned by the tellers that it was a CRH that drips them off weekly.
I think I'll give this DH a call and order up 50 boxes from him, and then cancel the order when they come in.
 
They also may have NO silver in them too, meaning you are buying $500 Box Face coins and getting just that. All have ever found on Craigslist is scams 19 out of 20 times.
 
cal him up and then cancel and say a bank ordered them for me free cutting out the douchebag, i mean middle man

I saw a roll on ebay forsale for like 16.95 and it sold 17 times!
 
It doesn't seem to be too terrible of a deal. $2000 face value for $2040. That's only about a 2% fee. I had a bank try to charge me 5%. I didn't pay the fee, and wouldn't buy these coins either though.
 
I also wonder why he'd think no pre-65s are could be in there. Oh, and my name is not Josh, if you were wondering.
 
jim4silver said:
The sad thing is that somebody out there will be foolish enough to buy it from him. Look at what some people were paying for boxes of new pennies here a while back. I think it was Ugotit who was selling them like hotcakes on ebay.

You never know.


Jim

i know its insane. those penny boxes where going for 300+ a box. I now see the log cabins all the time while crh
 
Long time ago .. I remember that people used to pay $45 per roll for 2001-D new halves on Ebay (Now Feebay). This was around 2001 or 2002. I was only able to get new 2000-D halves at the time.. I hoped at the time to get new halves instead of the silver. Silver back then wasn't worth much.. A dealer back then told me he'd only pay $.55 per 40% half. Now 2001-D halves rolls aren't worth squat & silver is way up. People always have to be first to get something & will always pay high in the begining. It's just a matter of time before people start getting those 2009 coins in their change.
 
obediah said:
They also may have NO silver in them too, meaning you are buying $500 Box Face coins and getting just that. All have ever found on Craigslist is scams 19 out of 20 times.
I buy and sell on craigslist all the time.........guess you have just had bad luck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom