Have some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

attempted recovery

Mar 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. I am looking to buy a new detector. Should I get the Ace 250 or the E-track?

2. What's a good pin pointer to get?

3. Is there a good digging tool that you can recommend?

4. Where are some good places to hunt for coins and relics? I would also like to know where I can find silver and gold?

Thank you for your kind responses.

ticm,

you know the folks asking these type questions are people that are knew to the hobby of metal detecting, and are just looking for some guidance, personally your spew doesn't hurt me because i have been in this hobby for more than 25 years, and i sure i do not need your advice, but to spew that garbage in an attempt to discourage and hurt the new people in this hobby shows what a classy person you are, if you have nothing better to do than why not find yourself a charitable organization to give your time, might help you become a man, i personally think anyone who spews fourth garbage like you should be banned form this board, you offer nothing positive or constructive. have a nice day.

OP
OP
ticm

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
attempted recovery said:
ticm,

you know the folks asking these type questions are people that are knew to the hobby of metal detecting, and are just looking for some guidance, personally your spew doesn't hurt me because i have been in this hobby for more than 25 years, and i sure i do not need your advice, but to spew that garbage in an attempt to discourage and hurt the new people in this hobby shows what a classy person you are, if you have nothing better to do than why not find yourself a charitable organization to give your time, might help you become a man, i personally think anyone who spews fourth garbage like you should be banned form this board, you offer nothing positive or constructive. have a nice day.

Well looks like I lost another invite to dinner and doubt I will be getting a Christmas card either.

northcal

Sep 17, 2008
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21/
Garrett ATGold/
Garrett ProPointer/
Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For digging in water i have one of the glass stays half full instead of the
half empty glass. It works pretty good.
Northcal

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I need to get one of those water shovels, every time I try to dig in the water it just goes right back in the hole.
..... If and when you find one of those water shovels....... Please let me know were you got it i need one of them there shovels..........

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
attempted recovery, I think you misunderstood ticm's attempt at humor, just feel lucky I didn't write it :laughing9:

Then again ticm does have a point. You can just look at this first page with every other post asking what detector should I get :dontknow: Had the OP's taken time to read those posts they may have already found their answer :laughing7: Besides, what makes you think that anyone making a comment will change their opinion on another post. :icon_scratch:

I think it might be best for everyone who replies, wait a few additional posts and then recant your first choice and offer a second, then a third choice, with each being better :laughing7:

OP
OP
ticm

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
spartacus53 said:
attempted recovery, I think you misunderstood ticm's attempt at humor, just feel lucky I didn't write it :laughing9:

Then again ticm does have a point. You can just look at this first page with every other post asking what detector should I get :dontknow: Had the OP's taken time to read those posts they may have already found their answer :laughing7: Besides, what makes you think that anyone making a comment will change their opinion on another post. :icon_scratch:

I think it might be best for everyone who replies, wait a few additional posts and then recant your first choice and offer a second, then a third choice, with each being better :laughing7:

Good lord in heaven somebody gets it. Your my hero Spartacus.

If people would actually read the forum and do just a little research of there own they would not have to ask most of the questions they ask.

Well any way I am still looking for a place to hunt and find gold can anybody tell me where a good place to hunt is?

Last edited:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well any way I am still looking for a place to hunt and find gold can anybody tell me where a good place to hunt is?

You're in luck again :headbang: I've been reading some of the posts on another forum and my suggestion is to visit some of their houses while they're out hunting. This takes out all the research and real work involved :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
ticm

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
spartacus53 said:
You're in luck again :headbang: I've been reading some of the posts on another forum and my suggestion is to visit some of their houses while they're out hunting. This takes out all the research and real work involved :icon_thumleft:

You sir are a true wise person. It makes perfect sense. I have seen many posts where guys say well I'm going out now to a new place I'll let you know how I do. Of course there is one flaw in your idea. I would have to actually have to read some of the threads.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The purpose of Treasurenet is the sharing on information not just showing our finds. Almost every conceivable question on general treasure hunting has been answered at some point here, many times answered multiple times, that does not mean we don't answer it again for new members, new members may not even be aware of search feature or how to use it.

We will continue to help new members and it will continue to be against our rules to mock or talk down to all members including new, inexperienced or young members.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, there is no flaw.. You see I have a full staff behind me, so there is not just one person posting. :tongue3:

Spartacus is actually a plural in my case, made up of many, many Spartaci's :laughing9:

How else can one post nearly 24/7 :dontknow:

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Drop cloths can double as panchos. Get your wife to sew pockets in your pancho to bring home the litter. She will
love you for that.

OP
OP
ticm

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
I agree with helping new members. That a beautiful thing. There was a thread the other day. A guy asked what was a good digging tool. About four threads below it was the same question asked by another guy. That thread had 20 or thirty posts on it. I think that if your able to open a account here and post something then I am sure they are aware the they can search t-net for some of there questions. If nothing else they are reading this and now know they can do a search and gain a wealth of information with out asking. Nothing wrong with asking questions please don't get me wrong. Most of the time I don't know what I am doing and if I don't find the answers I ask.

OP
OP
ticm

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
lastleg said:
Drop cloths can double as panchos. Get your wife to sew pockets in your pancho to bring home the litter. She will
love you for that.

Interesting. Yes. Which leads me to another question. What do you carry your finds and equipment in?

the bone

Jul 8, 2012
michigan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to the hobby and have used the search feature many times. I found how to make a homemade sand scoop on this site with out having to start a thread... I'm sure even a thirteen year old knows how to google a question and usually that will take you to your answer often times on treasure net. there are exceptions with more specific questions like "why do i keep getting ghost signals with my bounty hunter 2200?" that i couldn't find an answer to for that specific machine but then i found a thread about ghost signals from the cord being wrapped to tight around the shaft boom problem solved. The point is if you have a problem do a little research to solve it before you post on here and expect everyone else to do the legwork for you.

OP
OP
ticm

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
the bone said:
I am new to the hobby and have used the search feature many times. I found how to make a homemade sand scoop on this site with out having to start a thread... I'm sure even a thirteen year old knows how to google a question and usually that will take you to your answer often times on treasure net. there are exceptions with more specific questions like "why do i keep getting ghost signals with my bounty hunter 2200?" that i couldn't find an answer to for that specific machine but then i found a thread about ghost signals from the cord being wrapped to tight around the shaft boom problem solved. The point is if you have a problem do a little research to solve it before you post on here and expect everyone else to do the legwork for you.

Thank you. Another who gets it.

Catobra

Jun 21, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is just too friggin' funny.....I am sitting here with tears in my eyes from laughing at all your posts so hard. I am also laughing at myself who was asking, "Wow-it's weird that ticm is asking these questions. I figured he was a pretty experienced guy....oh well, I'll keep reading....." Ugh-ok so I'm a bit naive : )

Very true-I'm all for helping and being helped, but when there are numerous posts about the same thing posted over and over I'm sure it gets a bit tiring (and I've only been on the site for a tiny while).

So I suppose TN owns the rights to any written materials, such as a book, "The Best Comedy Routines of TN"? : )

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very true-I'm all for helping and being helped, but when there are numerous posts about the same thing posted over and over I'm sure it gets a bit tiring (and I've only been on the site for a tiny while).

A few months ago I tried to start a thread where all the experienced people were able to list their pick, price and reason behind their choice. Yeah, it got maybe 2 replies :laughing7: A small fraction of what people are willing to post on any particular thread of this type. All you had to do was bump the thread and everyone's information would be available.

Maybe some just like to keep replying in the same vain and wait for the tinkle contest that soon follows :laughing9:

Here's another idea.... :lightbulb:

Just bump all of the detector questions from July, that will make some great reading too :tongue3:

Last edited:

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
..... If and when you find one of those water shovels....... Please let me know were you got it i need one of them there shovels..........

Still searching for one, I was thinking of maybe carving one out of a giant sponge.....

I certainly don't mind people asking questions, on a jobsite I'd much rather have someone ask me about something instead of just going ahead and doing it the wrong way.

I don't think there was anything mean spirited here, just having a bit of fun, and in this hobby, you really need a sense of humor.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While most questions on just about anything can be answered by using google, the purpose of TreasureNet is still the sharing of information I have answered the same questions dozens of times and will continue to do so. Members can inform it can be found in a search as they give the answer, what they can not do is mock, insult, talk down to or attack someone for asking....

Repeatedly doing so can earn timeouts....

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting. Yes. Which leads me to another question. What do you carry your finds and equipment in?

It's remote control, so you can just have it follow you around, really helps keep my pockets clean!

kid-galaxy-my-first-radio-control-dump-truck.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions