Having work done overseas, for cheap, will actually cost you more.

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
China, and all the other countries that try to get outsourcing jobs will entice the average developer/business man with very cheap prices, but in the end, what you have is a sub par project that you have to have redone, again and again, for extra cost. And in the end, you find yourself telling them how to do their jobs, that they are supposed to already know how to do. Because, that's what they are supposed to know in the first place. Heck, they advertised it!

I've been talking with someone for the last two months, giving them helping tips, etc., on how to get a project done, but what they keep finding out, is that the people overseas just simply are not the right people to go to for professional results.

It wasn't until recently, after I talked with him for a while, that he finally said, "Mike, please fix this for me".

I took the job after he spend 20K on a very simple project that should have cost half that.

So, for all you people that have an idea that needs to be built, think twice before you go overseas.

Keep it with people that really know what they're doing. china, and other places, might just be trying to get your money by talking big.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread