What is it? How old? What is it worth?

• How old?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What is it worth?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wheels

Jul 31, 2006
??? I have this Head. I can't tell you much, but what I can tell you is it weighs 4lbs 11oz. It is 6 inches in length. It is made from a metal, but a magnet won't stick to it. And i was told that it came from Malayia. Any help identifing it is very welcome.

Attachments

• head1.jpg
    head1.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 367
  • head3.jpg
    head3.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 370
  • head5.jpg
    head5.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 366

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
Looks a bit like certain representations of Siddhartha Gautama (Buddha).

Attachments

• SGB.jpg
    SGB.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 315

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one may even be Burmese Buddah Head

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Wheels said:
??? I have this Head. I can't tell you much, but what I can tell you is it weighs 4lbs 11oz. It is 6 inches in length. It is made from a metal, but a magnet won't stick to it. And i was told that it came from Malayia. Any help identifing it is very welcome.

It looks like bronze. That's why a magnet won't stick to it.

dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PBK said:
Looks a bit like certain representations of Siddhartha Gautama (Buddha).
My feelings too. Just broken off an old statue. Quality and appearance wise, it seem old..
DG

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
what a cool find! :o 8) Yes that is a head off of a Buddha statue, but now the mystery part - you know those tales of how treasure (diamonds etc) would be hidden inside of Buddha statues, to be taken out by removing the head of the statue? Hint, hint....maybe something really interesting out there to find!!! ;D
Oroblanco

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MiddenMonster said:
Wheels said:

It looks like bronze. That's why a magnet won't stick to it.
COULD IT BE STONE??? Stone turns mossy solid bronze would be heavier than 4lbs. wouldnt it???

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Michelle said:
COULD IT BE STONE??? Stone turns mossy solid bronze would be heavier than 4lbs. wouldnt it???

The neck area looks like stone, but Wheels said it was made of some kind of metal. Maybe it's really a petrified human head. Now *that* would be a cool find!

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MiddenMonster said:
Michelle said:

The neck area looks like stone, but Wheels said it was made of some kind of metal. Maybe it's really a petrified human head. Now *that* would be a cool find!
:D 8) 8) 8) :D Its Jeff of Pa......Just kidding Jeff! ;)

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It certainly may have been exported from Malaysia but I think it may have originated in Thailand - apparently the Thai style of Buddha heads has the large curls. Malaysia's population is only 17% Buddhist as opposed to 52% being Moslem. Thailand on the other hand is 95% Buddhist.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread