What's new

Headed to NC & VA coastal area...best beach to detect? Need help

AlaskaAng

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2004
Messages
300
Reaction score
9
Golden Thread
0
Location
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed to NC & VA coastal area...best beach to detect? Need help

Hi All,

We are in the car headed to NC/VA area and hope to find a nice beach to detect, any suggestions?
I was thinking of trying the Outer Banks north of Nags Head but also thought about Virginia Beach...

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Angie
 
Upvote 0
Re: Headed to NC & VA coastal area...best beach to detect? Need help

I'm in Fl. I'd try google earth considering the way most folks are...I'm just sayin'
 
Re: Headed to NC & VA coastal area...best beach to detect? Need help

I've been watching Videos of Max in Va Beach. I think he used the term bleak. But you know I would spend the day at bleaksville to hunt with him. I think it would be a blast. I would contact him and ask him the status of Va. Beach.
 
Re: Headed to NC & VA coastal area...best beach to detect? Need help

Thanks for your input...I was stationed at Seymour Johnson AFB fom 96-2000 and detected many of the beaches along the NC coast and did quite well after storms and hurricanes...maybe we'll wonder our way south from VA and see where it takes us.

I haven't heard of Max but will google him or do another search.

Thanks!
Angie
 
Re: Headed to NC & VA coastal area...best beach to detect? Need help

Ha! I just found VA Beach Max....Good Video and his style of beach hunting looks rewarding and fun!

Ang
 
Re: Headed to NC & VA coastal area...best beach to detect? Need help

Just spent 3 days in Myrtle Beach and vicinity...
have a new Pulse machine called a Tesoro Sand Shark.
Although it seems to work like it's supposed to.......
I spent 3 days going to 10 different beaches and did not come away with even a full dollar for all three days combined.

I also drove to Charleston, hunted on Isle Of Palms for an hour, and also an hour on Folly Island.....

No better eather one of those places.

So if your going this way, don't expect much....

A lot of sand, and not much else..
Sanded in but good...
 
Re: Headed to NC & VA coastal area...best beach to detect? Need help

AlaskaAng said:
Hi All,

We are in the car headed to NC/VA area and hope to find a nice beach to detect, any suggestions?
I was thinking of trying the Outer Banks north of Nags Head but also thought about Virginia Beach...

Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Angie
I am from Pa. and head down to the OBX every year this time for a 7-10 day hunt. I will be arriving 1/13 and departing 1/21. The tourist beaches were recently replenished and as such are relatively target free. However I did find a ring each time in the last 2 visits. This year my goal is to hunt the 4wd area north of corolla in AM mode. There is very little dune fence wire there. Will be looking for any old shipwreck items and possible coinage. Equipped my excal with a WOT and Docs amp and will give it a go. If you happen to be in the area at that time--let me know via PM on this site--Be happy to have someone to hunt with. Joel
 
Re: Headed to NC & VA coastal area...best beach to detect? Need help

Ive been visiting here in VB for a couple of weeks and YEP, I can say things have been VERY bleak as Maz puts it !!!
Guess I will head back to Florida soon.


David
 
Re: Headed to NC & VA coastal area...best beach to detect? Need help

My Wife and I got to Ocean Isle beach NC every Summer with our twins, although I have really never had a lot of luck there I read about all of the items locals find in the off seasons after the storms. Going back this July hope to have some better luck. Good luck and happy hunting.
 
Re: Headed to NC & VA coastal area...best beach to detect? Need help

I was on the northern NC OBX last week and it was pretty much sanded in although that could change overnight.

Good luck

NJ
 
Re: Headed to NC & VA coastal area...best beach to detect? Need help

Thanks All,

We are on our way back to IL...didn't even have time to get the detectors out of their cases...next time for sure!

Angie
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom