What's new

Headed to Orange Beach, source for beach detecting regs and info?

Clay Slayer

Sr. Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
303
Reaction score
339
Golden Thread
0
Location
Cajun Country
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll be spending a week with the family at Orange beach the first week of April...Turquoise Place to be exact. Anyway, I've never detected on a beach before and I'm looking for an online source with the Alabama laws and information.

Thanks for any input.

Tim
 
Upvote 0
It's ok to detect there, best places to detect is the towel line, volley ball nets and around the beach chairs, when I go I hunt at night, GL & HH
 
Here is a pic of your beach were you'll be staying at, but don't limit yourself there go to the main public beach , helpful hint is if the volley ball net is still up that means the beach cleaning machine hasn't been there, find one that is still attached! GL

image-746413689.webp
 
Tim, one regulation tiderider failed to tell you about, is the mandate that you send me 50% of all your finds. Otherwise, you can be fined, ticketed, arrested, and detector confiscated.. I take paypal. :icon_thumright:
 
Haha , I forgot that clause, oh well ! Wait I'll just take 32 % and we will call it even lol
 
Thanks for the input folks. I know there are "public" beach areas every so often...I'm guessing where the parking lots with access to the beach are. But, how about the beach areas directly in front of the various hotels, where they setup the chairs and umbrellas? Is this considered hotel property and not part of the public beach or is the entire beach considered public, regardless if there is a hotel there or not?

Thanks.
 
Ur welcome , they bring the chairs in the winter months to clean the beaches
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom