What's new

Heart Breaker

Dug

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 18, 2013
Messages
1,141
Reaction score
1,264
Golden Thread
0
Location
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Found this point a half mile in another farm field from where I found my small points. Farm equipment is not kind to points, and this one did not escape damage either. I assume the dull surface chips are from farm equipment dings as well as the break at the base. This has to be from Savannah River Agate/Chert (which comes in many colors) that was brought in. Considering the color, this could have been a glorious point if found whole and undamaged.

HBF..webp

HBB..webp

This point is slightly translucent so I took a shot of it over a light:

TRF..webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ouch! What a shame :( That is pretty material- and yeah, it would have been awesome if whole. Farm equipment... phoo. But, you know, some people are really good at flake-pattern analysis and could tell you a thing or two about the general time/age of manufacture...maybe. Maybe not. I know I don't have those skills yet.
 
That's a shame! Always leaves you wondering, what was it? Love the color! It is a necessary evil, we need the farmers to plow but this is the consequence. I have lost 8-10 of my most productive sites to no-till over the last 10 years or so. There was one site in particular located next to a feeder stream that emptied into a larger creek, me and my buddy found a bucket full of points over the years, mostly broken, occasionally a "good" one escaped the plow. Then one day I found a leaf shaped blade 4 inches long, and you wonder how did this survive when we have so many others (smaller) that didn't. It's just the way the "breaks" go sometimes. Waiting for the snow to melt, anxious to get out and walk the fields!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom