Heartquest Rocks - ??

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
One more before I head to bed...this is one of the weirdest places on the mountain. Low in the photo you can see the top of what looks like a door into the mountain, surrounded by these very weird rock sentries. It is not easy to get up here. This "tomb" faces the other on the other ridge. There are all sorts of holes into the rock...but heh, not any anyone would like to venture into.

Attachments

• EastTombSentries.jpg
    EastTombSentries.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 132

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
Looks like you have an area that shows several trails, I see what may be as many as 9, four may looking the same direction, may just a guess on my part but the length of the mouth may indicate distance,lower left looks like it may be the shortest ? 1 league , upper right may be the 2nd and 2 leagues and soforth 3 / 4 /. Also the lower left may be a trail both ways. I believe the information left on the boulder may indicate the trail with its own situation, since they all show the heads only ( not a profile ) trail is only one direction. Just a guess

OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
I have been noticing that our heart in the wash, the giant heart, and now another large heart rock we found, have their tips knocked off. I wanted to pose two questions to you guys with more experience. 1. Does this mark that the cache has been taken? And, 2. If they emptied the hole, would they then cover it again?

OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
This group of rocks towers over the whole site. The rock in the middle almost looks like a heart - with the tip missing. Love to hear your thoughts on this. Perhaps it is saying the site is empty. The heart in the wash is cut back at the tip where the creepy face is, and the giant heart also seems to be cut at the tip.
-13.jpg I guess we'll call this rock the tower heart.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heartquest:
I think you may have either just missed the shadow signs rising or wasn't there quite long enough to see them form. I circled an area that looks like it is an incomplete profile of a woman looking toward the right. The nose, mouth, and chin is still visible, but disconnected. The large circled area on the right, is around what looks like a weather worn carving of a large face. I put a line just under the "chin" line. The jaw really is noticeable on the left side, as we look at the pic, because it is emphasised by shadow. The small circle on the right side, looks like a black owl figure on the rock's surface.

That large right-angled section, in the middle that I lined out could be the confirmation notch. I put the yellow line on the inside of the angle because there appears to be some possible figures on the surface of the stone along the edges. Again, I think this formation possibly has several shadow shapes at different times.

Attachments

• -13-heartquest.jpg
    -13-heartquest.jpg
    513.7 KB · Views: 134
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great photos heartquest,id luv to see some more of them. if you have found lots of owls,there maybe a lot of cache sites in that area,not just one. look for much smaller stone signs. they are there. harder to spot,atleast for me,it took a much longer time to spot them,i just dont have the talent yet to spot the smaller stuff. start trying to photo some smaller stuff on the ground,that you think looks odd or placed there.you will have to catch the right angle or position of them or it will not show right.it will show up at home when you look at the photos. dont give up,i think your photos alone are a great treasure,thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
One of our favorite phrases is "Historical or Hysterical?". Now you will see the hysterical side and I hope you all don't laugh at us. THIS is the site. We went to TerraServer and bought a very nice areal view and were then able to precisely map our major monuments. This isn't everything, but it is most everything that seems important. A few of these items we FOUND after seeing the emerging shapes and then looking in the areas we thought should have something. We found a beautiful heart and owl just today by doing that. However, this is HARDLY the 6 sided pie that Calvin Keys told us to look for. We have hearts and owls EVERYWHERE, as you can see. We have discovered that at least four of our very prominent heart markers are double hearts. Well, here is the interesting and wild distribution of what we have found so far. We obviosuly haven't grasped the site yet, but we have a few very compelling triangles traced out. Although we are now convinced that our route was well used, and whatever holes we find will be empty, we are having a GREAT time doing this. I hope we can find the cache site or sites!
TheSiteMap.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
WOW :-)

Ya know, you can look at something for years... and not see it. There is a rock that since we found the site 2 years ago, always took as a simply shaped eagle, or maybe a dolphin, but probably an eagle. Yesterday, my husband took a photo of it from a slightly off angle and I said HEY! Is that an owl? So today I took a photo from straight east looking west, with the morning sun just right, and LOOK at this gorgeous owl! AND, he has a detailed lion face staring at the cliff, just like our other big 7 owl does up on the cliff. I have 4 shots here, two of the eagle and owl, and two of the blown up lion face. This was a great hunt today. Oh, and this owl rock sits just behind the death heart in the wash.

Attachments

• 111WashEagleOwlLionFaceDrawn1.jpg
    111WashEagleOwlLionFaceDrawn1.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 111WashEagleOwl.jpg
    111WashEagleOwl.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 100
  • WashEagleOwlLionface1.jpg
    WashEagleOwlLionface1.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 111WashEagleOwlLionFace1.jpg
    111WashEagleOwlLionFace1.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
Here's another mini-adventure. About a month ago I was on the site, following signs and I noticed this crevice in a low cliff face... it's not far from the death trap heart in the wash... less than 100 feet.
FloatingHeart1.jpg SO, I climbed closer and noticed it had a stone wedged between the two inner faces of the crevice, and that the stone seemed very uniform. It looked cut, like a brick. So I climbed up more so I could shoot down on it and zoomed in for this shot...
FloatingHeart2.jpg THEN, I thought, I can't believe this! And stretched up as far as I could and zoomed in closer...
FloatingHeart3.jpg Yup... it is yet another beautifully shaped heart rock. Boy I sure picked an appropriate avatar name. I am finding hearts everywhere. Your experienced thoughts have been so helpful. Love to hear what you think of this. The crevice is small, the heart stone about 12 to 14 inches. I didn't dare try to pull it out for closer examination, but it looks very much like the heart in the shadow snake's mouth. This is hidden. You have to snoop pretty close to the cliff to notice the crevice. Stranger and stranger... anyway, you can see where "Floating Heart" is on the layout I posted above. Going up today to look more closely at this feature.

Last edited:
OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
THIS WAS A GREAT DAY!! We actually found and FOLLOWED a trail, and it led us to a small four sided pyramid marker with an owl, right near our large poodle. This is the first time we found a trail Until today, everything was a disorganized mess of objects many of them questionable. I guess it needs to be said that when a newbee accidentally finds a treasure monument, and gets thrown into a hunt, the people on TN are wonderfully helpful, but it is like telling someone Shakespere who doesn't know the alphabet yet. Yet as time goes on, when I read back to all my posts and all the replies from Old Dog and Rangler back when we started, the many emails from Calvin Keys, and all the things people are posting to us now, they are making more and more sense as we have more of a context to hang them on. And, we are starting to see the little stuff which we had been missing. It also needs to be said that much of this seems to be in the willingness to believe it is real. So, please continue to have patience with newbees. I think today we graduated from rank newbee to advanced beginners. Our next adventure will be to explore the area around the pyramid more.

oddrock

Apr 7, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Minelab ,White's, others and B.S. sniffer
Wow that is a great insight. I just googled images and Mercury had wings on his helmet.

Heartquest

Thought you might like to see another guy with winged helmet.

Oddrock

Attachments

• june 28 2010 025 (640x480).jpg
    june 28 2010 025 (640x480).jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 102
OP
OP
heartquest

heartquest

Dec 22, 2010
could post #83 be the god hermes or mercury,been trying to read up on how it could fit?

Hadji, Oddrock, and Springfield... I saw Hellboy in a different light today thanks to your comments, so cropped the photo differently to emphasize it. He looks like a really good Mercury.
HellboyMercury.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread