What's new

Heavy cast-iron thingamabob

Bates

Full Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2016
Messages
206
Reaction score
298
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several people that I've asked have said a tub overfill drain cover and I don't think they'd make that out of cast iron you little rusty I think I know what it is but I don't know the name of it so if anyone knows what this thing is called I would be forever indebted 0915181630c.webp0915181631c-1.webp0915181635b.webp
 
What do you think the tub it was attached to was made from? Hint (Cast Iron)
 
Upvote 0
I'll go with some sort of drain. Whatever it is it's allergic to water. Nice find.
 
Upvote 0
I notice that the two mounting holes are elongated meaning that it was adjustable ? I would say it was an eye for a lever, hook, adjuster, etc for a piece of machinery ?
 
Upvote 0
Yes but there's something white and shiny they put on the tub keep it from rusting it's called? (Hint porcelain)
 
Upvote 0
I thought it was part of some type of latch but you're right about being adjustable
 
Upvote 0
where did you find it? and what state?
OWG..
 
Upvote 0
I agree with Tony
 
Upvote 0
Yes but there's something white and shiny they put on the tub keep it from rusting it's called? (Hint porcelain)

Chrome plating wouldn't last forever.
 
Upvote 0
When you say tubs I assume you mean bath tubs. The early tubs didn't have drain levers or such. All they had were rubber plugs or what we called stoppers.
 
Upvote 0
On my property in Central Georgia
 
Upvote 0
On my property in Central Georgia

I'm thinking .. which is unusual for me .. but I am thinking maybe something along these lines.
 

Attachments

  • temp - latch.webp
    temp - latch.webp
    91 KB · Views: 79
Upvote 0
Well what is that ?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom