✅ SOLVED Heip with a D.L. Auld Co. pin I picked up at a yard sale for $5

kypo

Greenie
May 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, just stumbled onto this site and couldn't wait to join. Lots of great stuff and people to boot. Anyways, I came up on what I think is a cap pin but after reading some of the threads, not so sure anymore. I hope someone can help me figure out what this is and for the $5 I spent, its already been worth it. The pin is about 2 1/2" wide and on the back, its stamped D.L Auld Co. I read up on one of the posts and was amazed on how it got solved and hope that someone can do the same for this one. Thanks in advance DSC04985.JPG DSC04991.JPG DSC04994.JPG ...

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some info on the company:

1865 After returning from the civil war Demas L. Auld learned the trade of watch repair and engraving. 1870 Afterfive years of training, he started The D.L. Auld Company which manufactured custom jewelry. After he developed the forerunner of the modern jewelry clasp, the business burgeoned to the point w The D.L. Auld Company was the foremost national source of college and high school rings and pins as well as fraternity and sorority pins and rings. 1912 Demas' son, F. Howard Auld invented a snap-on fastener that was practical for use on the back of large emblems and insignias. The first application came when Henry Ford asked if it would be possible to attach a name plate emblem to his horse-less carriage. 1920 The auto jewelry business grew to employing more than 150 women in the enameling department. The client list grew to: Marmon, Lexington, Revere, Hupmobile, Locomobile, American-La France, Elcar 8, Oakland, Pan American Motors, Peerless, Erskine, Paige, Abbott, Reo, Cole, Westcott, Dodge Brothers, Lincoln, Cadillac, Commonwealth, Flint, Chevrolet and Wolverine. At one point the company produced 80% of all the vitreous enamel name plates for the automobile industry.

DCMatt

Upvote 0

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Good ID Deepsecrets! This site figures that to be from the 1948-50 model year, and is asking quite a bit for one; 1940 and up enameled emblems
I can't vouch for either their year assessment, nor dollar assessment though.
-edit, one on eBay says the years are 51-54, asking $149 and not as nice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
K

kypo

Greenie
May 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, you are good.... I knew someone could figure it out but didn't think so quick, Thanks all, especially deepsecrets for helping out and making this "solved"....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K

kypo

Greenie
May 27, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good ID Deepsecrets! This site figures that to be from the 1948-50 model year, and is asking quite a bit for one; 1940 and up enameled emblems
I can't vouch for either their year assessment, nor dollar assessment though.
-edit, one on eBay says the years are 51-54, asking $149 and not as nice.

Not a bad investment even though I bought it thinking it was pin. thanks for the the site references, I'll be looking to sell it and they will come handy. Much appreciated!!!

Upvote 0

JIMMARY8SUP

Mar 19, 2024
I HAVE HAD THIS PIN FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS BUT CANT FIND ANYTHING OUT ABOUT IT CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE BEEN LOOKING ALL OVER THE INTERNET TO NO AVAIL

Attachments

• PIN.jpg
    PIN.jpg
    740.9 KB · Views: 2
  • PIN1.jpg
    PIN1.jpg
    850.1 KB · Views: 3
  • PIN2.jpg
    PIN2.jpg
    822 KB · Views: 2
  • PIN4.jpg
    PIN4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • PIN3.jpg
    PIN3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
Upvote 0

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I HAVE HAD THIS PIN FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS BUT CANT FIND ANYTHING OUT ABOUT IT CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE BEEN LOOKING ALL OVER THE INTERNET TO NO AVAIL

Welcome to Tnet,.

Unfortunately, you've tacked your post onto an unrelated ten-year-old thread. You would get better attention by starting your own thread.

Nevertheless, I would assume that you have a pin badge relating to the Beta Theta Pi (Β Θ Π) Fraternity, but I don't know if 1905 is a significant date for the New York Chapter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread