brassbkl.JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 370

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I can't tell if it is colonial or not. Either way, it is very nice.

Welcome aboard. TreasureNet is the best detecting site on the yet. Keep up the great work. I'm sure someone here will be able to definitely identify it for you.

Upvote 0

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
long island red said:
Found this brass buckle thing in the woods here on long island. it is approx. 2" X 1 3/4" X 1/4" mabey colonial help me out thanks

No seam, so it's definitely cast as one piece and not bent into shape. Have you cleaned it at all? Brass tarnishes, and because it looks so shiny I tend to doubt it dates back to Colonial times.

Upvote 0
S

stefen

It looks more like a harness ring as opposed to a buckle. No wear marks to imply that its a buckle. These are still manufacturerd today as as to a date, its anyones guess.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
long island red

long island red

Oct 15, 2006
long island
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX Pro,Garrett Ace 250,
It was found around an 8" depth tarnished like you wouldnt believe. i cleaned it in a sand water and dawn detergent in a mason jar. funny thing is that it does not have a ny anchor point in middle. the back is as smooth as the front with no other strange points where any would go. thats why it is a mystery to me thanks folks.

Upvote 0

captain Jack

Sep 26, 2006
Richmond, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
don't know what they're called, probably a buckle, but it looke like the buckle you'd see that held the ribbon around a pilgrim's hat...know what I mean? or maybe off a shoe or something....purely guesses. Good luck and awesome job cleaning it! Looks great!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread