Hello from Chicago

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
Hi everyone. Been lurking here for some time....finally registered. Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I'm Paul from Chicago. I was able to meet a veteran md'er from the 'burbs today....we talked on the phone for a while. I'm fairly new to the hobby, but am always looking for people to go out hunting with. I have yet to find a silver coin, and hope to find several in 2010. Drop me a line or a pm here if there's anything going on soon in or near Chicago....can't wait to get out!!

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard Paul :thumbsup:

When the weather warms up a tad and the snow starts clearing, I'm sure
there will be some of us out. If you have a specific time during the week or
weekend you want to hunt, just post a time when you're available and
I'm sure someone will send you a private message with a time & location.

Take care,
watercolor

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Paul

It was nice talking with you on the phone.....Stick around here and you will see that what I said on the phone, about all the GREAT GUYS here are on this forum will hold true....
We are always willing to share places and info. I hope you have some fun with the map sites I showed you.
Keep a folder on your computer for your future places to hunt....A soon as the weather breaks a little I know a few of us will be out.....
Talk to you later and again WELCOME>>>>>

justdigging50

Sep 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC and Minelab Explorer II
Welcome to the Forum Paul. Hope the weather breaks for a warm spell so you could find that first silver.

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Welcome Paul,
Warm up is coming ... I am sure I'll try to get out to hit the woods some of these warmer days as soon as a few of the inches of snow get replaced with a snow-mud mixture. Parks will be frozen to digs, but woods should be good. Like others have said, just post when you are free to hunt. Someone will probably join you.

Again, welcome!
-Jon

OP
OP
C

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
A big THANK YOU to everyone who has introduced themselves so far. I work kind of a kooky schedule, so weekday hunting would probably be best for me (however, it is flexible with enough notice, so weekend hunts aren't out of the question either ;D). I bought my machine last August, so I am still learning it. In total, I have probably been out and about about 10 times. Unfortunately, I have found only modern era clad coins so far. I am sure if I "tag along" with a few of you veterans, that eventually I will start finding old and silver coins :D. I CAN'T WAIT!! The weather is supposed to be nicer this week. Is anyone planning on going out maybe Tues. or Weds.?? :laughing9:

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Welcome to the forum and the hobby Paul!

I haven't been out in a long time, mostly because it seems the weather always takes a turn for the worse right around the weekend, which is the only time I can get out right now.

There's quite a large number of guys (like Bob, Mark, Neil, etc...,) that hunt the weekdays so they're your best bet for weekday hunts.

Good luck with the Ace!
Mike

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Welcome to the madness gothboi!

Have daytimes open myself but don't make it too far east of the Fox River most days. Don't fret the clad, it keeps you in batteries and hot coffee this time of year.

Stay warm!

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
Hey Paul, welcome to the madness. What part of Chicago are you in? I'm up in the North side but on any given day I can be anywhere, literally.

No swinging for me at least for a while. I'm waiting for spring most likely, unless a nice long "warm" spell happens to come along before then. I'm a strict weekend hunter, typically one day a week, or as my schedule allows.

And hey, I apologize in advance for any goth jokes that might arise...it's just too easy and you might fall victim!

goth kid.jpg

Tongue-in-cheek! Hahaha, just playin'. Hope to do some digging with you sometime!

Joe

OP
OP
C

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
Hiya Joe, Paul here. Don't worry about my nickname, I use it on several online forums and have had it for years. I'm just too lazy to pick a new one. I'm up on the North side as well....Albany Park area.

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Paul,
Welcome to the forum. I'm one of the guys that goes out weekday mornings since I normally don't start work until 5pm. I look forward to scoring some silvers with ya once the weather breaks. :thumbsup:
-Jon

TreasureGuy25

Dec 1, 2009
North Suburbs, IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Ace 250, ProPointer
Welcome Paul, I'm fairly new too (also have the Ace 250 and it's done pretty well for me :thumbsup:). Like Bob says, the guys on the forum are great and here to help, looking forward to getting out with them in the spring, hopefully I'll see you around!

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II
Welcome to the boards Paul. Great to have you on here with us enjoying the hobby. Looking forward to hunting with you this year.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread