Hello from Daytona Beach

filthylucre59

Nov 15, 2014
daytona beach
Detector(s) used
tesoro sand shark,whites dual field,whites mx sport
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hello everybody.I've been detecting from the late 1980s and have owned many different detectors.My current detectors are a tesoro sand shark,a whites dual field and a whites mx sport.I've recently owned a fisher f-2 and a fisher cz-20 which I sold.All 5 of these detectors are highly recommended by me depending on the type of hunting but I do use the tesoro sand shark the most.I've done quite a bit of traveling over the years and started my treasure hunting in Washington state.Also in Maryland and recently in Florida because I really love water hunting...there's so much to find.I would like to thank a co-worker at PSNS in Bremerton,Wa. for introducing me to metal detectors,her name is Cindy H. and she's the best fitter in the world ( I'm was the best aluminum welder ).So Cindy if you're out there drop a line,this treasure hunting has become an obsession over the years so thank you.Current plans are to sail and live aboard a 30' Newport up and down the E. and W. coast of Florida and maybe beyond, treasure hunting and fishing all the way.I'm 61 going on 18 if you know what I mean.This is my first posting but have been reading Treasurenet for a few years and enjoy hearing about others successes and adventures.Good Luck to Everyone.
I would like to add one little bit of advice learned over the years...research,research,research,refrain from blindly packing your bags and traveling to Key West looking for gold doubloons ( been there done that ) or the gold fields out West.Computers and libraries are a treasure hunters best friend.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Florida for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard from Valdosta, GA! You being the "best" aluminum welder you can appreciate this stainless weld I did last week!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1477829844.374873.jpg

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumright:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Massachusetts!

OP
OP
F

filthylucre59

Nov 15, 2014
daytona beach
Detector(s) used
tesoro sand shark,whites dual field,whites mx sport
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Did you do that by hand? That is one mighty beautiful SS weld!Our artisan craft is very underappreciated by most people and it's under paid considering the years of training and eye-hand coordination that has to be mastered to achieve welds like that.I used to have a 6G pipe cert working for Todd shipyard in Seattle,Wa. but the eyes and coordination isn't what it used to be.Welding can take a lot out of a person.Stay healthy Flech

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread